this sucks

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have been moving all weekend. Sunday night I was getting the last of our stuff pretty late. we didn't get home until 4:30 am. I was carrying a box out and I guess someone didn't tape the bottom but folded it and the bottom was falling out, so I went to try to catch it and someone also didn't tape top. they left it open with something sticking out and it got me in the eye. Well the box fell and I ran to the bathroom, it was red and hurting but I figured it'll be ok, we finished up and went home. The next morning I got woke up by the sun shining on my face( no blinds or curtains were up yet) it horrible pain. the sun made it hurt more. I called into work, I had my dd take me to urgent care who sent me to an eye doctor. He told me I had an abrasion on my eye and apparently it removed the whole top layer. he gave me some kind of drop that stopped the worse of the pain but put a contact bandage on it and prescribed me some antibiotics eye dropped and took me off work for 2 days. I gotta go back to the doctor Wed and hopefully I can go back to work. it sucks . it doesn't hurts as bad but it extremely uncomfortable and keeps watering while also feeling dry. I also can't drive right now. after I got home I couldn't go outside until the clouds came out because the sun hurt my eye.
even sunglasses didn't help much. bright lights hurt it too.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So sorry this happened to you. Vision problems are terrifying! Hope everything heals just right, best wishes!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:19 am So sorry this happened to you. Vision problems are terrifying! Hope everything heals just right, best wishes!
it is worse than when my impacted wisdom tooth gets infected which is at least once a year. and I didn't think anything was worse than that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:23 am
SallyMae wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:19 am So sorry this happened to you. Vision problems are terrifying! Hope everything heals just right, best wishes!
it is worse than when my impacted wisdom tooth gets infected which is at least once a year. and I didn't think anything was worse than that.
Why on earth have you not had it removed?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Ouch! I hope it feels better soon.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am so sorry!

My dog stepped on my eye and her claw tore a large hole in the conjunctiva and it was soo very painful. It scarred and I can still have discomfort like 10 year alter when I rub my eye!!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:13 am
because it can't be pulled it has to be surgically removed even with my insurance it is going to cost over $1000 and some time off work.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

because it can't be pulled it has to be surgically removed even with my insurance it is going to cost over $1000 and some time off work.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:18 pm

Yes I had one impacted and it had to be surgically removed. It was $400 way back then. But this can cause serious problems. Have you tried saving a little each month or applying for care credit? What does your dentist say when you go to them year after year for this?
Locked Previous topicNext topic