Senior pictures

sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:12 pm
sarah824 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:31 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Oh yeah, Prices can be ridiculous. I only deal with them because they're the only photos I get of the kids and I'm sure one day I'll be glad I have them, maybe. Or at least the kids will be glad to have them when they're out on their own.
I would definitely recommend shopping around for senior pics. I got 3 quotes before I picked our photographer and the prices ranged from $175 - $375 just for the session. All were about the same as far as session time, number of outfit changes and locations. The biggest difference in cost was the amount of digital images we received back.

For $175 we got about 45 minutes of camera time, 2 clothing changes and 2 locations. She sent me the digital gallery with the edited photos and there were 80+ images for us.

The other photographers I had quote me may have given us a little more camera time and we would have ended up with anywhere from 100 to 200 images. I am perfectly happy with the 80+ we got.
80n sounds like a ridiculously large number of photos to me. I couldn't imagine 200. How different could they all be? But again, I'm not one for photos.
Right? That is why we went with the lower cost option. She did a great job and I have more photos of DS than I could ever need. LOL
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My daughters school did them right before school started senior year. My sons school did them I believe just after school started. A pic in the yearbook was free we could buy pics if we wanted a package. My kids didn’t care so I bought the cheapest.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are these for a yearbook or just for your own keepsake? At our schools they have school photos at the beginning of the school year for all grades and the seniors have the option of using a fake tux or dress top for their senior yearbook photos. I know that some families hire photographers for their own senior photos, but no one does that in my family so I’m not as familiar with it. I get that it’s a tradition for some families, so I’m not saying anything negative about it, we’re just fine with our own photos of the kids throughout the years so I just don’t feel a need for school photos.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Not sure about "Senior specific photos but having a headshot senior year is really handy.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:43 pm Are these for a yearbook or just for your own keepsake? At our schools they have school photos at the beginning of the school year for all grades and the seniors have the option of using a fake tux or dress top for their senior yearbook photos. I know that some families hire photographers for their own senior photos, but no one does that in my family so I’m not as familiar with it. I get that it’s a tradition for some families, so I’m not saying anything negative about it, we’re just fine with our own photos of the kids throughout the years so I just don’t feel a need for school photos.
Both. They'll take regular school photo for things like Student ID and if you don't get senior pics they'll use the regular photo as the senior pic in the yearbook.
Locked Previous topicNext topic