I am livid

SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:11 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:37 pm YUP. I went from free birth control to a $30 copay and I've been on the same thing for the last 5 years.
So you think you have a right to free birth control? You are all so beyond ridiculous.
1. Family planning is a choice as fundamental as choosing your own career or spouse. Of course it's a right, one that makes people's lives better.

2. Every bit of successful birth control helps you personally, giving you, your community and your country better outcomes. But it can only provide the most important benefits if it's available to every person with ease. It costs so much less than unwanted pregnancy, we are privileged to be able to provide it to each other. Why would you begrudge that?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:37 pm YUP. I went from free birth control to a $30 copay and I've been on the same thing for the last 5 years.
Ten years ago, way before this wrongful decision was overturned, I had to pay $90 a month because mine wasn't on the formulary and had no generic. And I worked for the insurance company at the time. So you have a copay for your choice of birth control. Boo hoo. So you think you have a right to free birth control? You are all so beyond ridiculous.
I paid for birth control also back in the day. I think I always did until I stopped using it. But if you look at statistics there’s probably good reasons for society to have free birth control. I read Freaknomics. He makes a case for Roe vs Wade being the reason why crime dropped many years later. Access to birth control means families don’t need to be burdened by children they can’t afford. It might even affect CPS and the family Court system. If men practiced condoms use fewer child support issues/abandonment, etc. I’d be okay with free birth control for lower income people and make it inexpensive for the rest. I’d be okay with cheaper insulin and other medications too. The profits drug companies make here is a travesty.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:48 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:43 pm
It’s absolutely ridiculous. Women are becoming second class again and it’s starting with our health care.
So we fight it. Start voting, EVERY ELECTION. Not just the major ones. Start protesting. Start advocating for women's rights and keep at it. I am confident that this will all be rather short lived and our healthcare will return but until it does you can be sure my local jurisdiction, my health insurer, my primary care doctor, EVERYONE will be hearing about it and I will be a total Karen about it until my rights are restored.
The thing that bothers me the most, these lawmakers aren’t even taking it to the people directly for a vote. When I was much younger, I’d argue that a person who voted for a candidate, did vote for the policies they create, but as I gained more experience, I had come to realize this isn’t necessarily true since rarely are there candidates that people 100% agree with 100% of the time.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:02 am
Ten years ago, way before this wrongful decision was overturned, I had to pay $90 a month because mine wasn't on the formulary and had no generic. And I worked for the insurance company at the time. So you have a copay for your choice of birth control. Boo hoo. So you think you have a right to free birth control? You are all so beyond ridiculous.
I paid for birth control also back in the day. I think I always did until I stopped using it. But if you look at statistics there’s probably good reasons for society to have free birth control. I read Freaknomics. He makes a case for Roe vs Wade being the reason why crime dropped many years later. Access to birth control means families don’t need to be burdened by children they can’t afford. It might even affect CPS and the family Court system. If men practiced condoms use fewer child support issues/abandonment, etc. I’d be okay with free birth control for lower income people and make it inexpensive for the rest. I’d be okay with cheaper insulin and other medications too. The profits drug companies make here is a travesty.
Medication that are life necessary: insulin, heart medication, respiratory medication, etc should not be allowed to be priced so high that it’s unaffordable to some.

To add insult to injury over this, someone at the pharmacy screwed up. She was to get 30 days of one and was given 3 months of a completely different one. This substitution was not authorized by her dr. When Dd saw it wasn’t the right one she’d called her dr office, was told they’d call. They are re-sending the prescription, sending it to CVS and called the location to make sure Dd would be able to pick it up today without problems.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry your daughter had that experience.

I am still for moving this issue back to the states as it is time for all the laws reviewed, policies updated & to be voted on. I still wonder where all this outrage was pre-ruling? Nothing was that awesome under Roe where I was from, when I worked on the Missouri side, I would have to refer patients to Kansas, as there were no services on the MO side around our area. And providers would still decline services that violated their religious belief. I had trouble even filling my birth control pills as a teen in the 90’s.

But now look at my state Kansas, the August 2nd vote was clear, we will work to keep things legal in our state. I think more states will follow through.

I am actually hoping outrage like yours will clean up laws all over, increasing access to better have before. It was way past time these ancient trigger laws get repealed.

Just because something is needed in society, does not mean it is necessarily stated as a right in the US constitution.

And due to my lingering saltiness about the last post on this topic when I was rudely told to STFU. I will repeat, I am genuinely sorry that happened to you DD, it does totally suck. Life is unfair at times.

But no, I am still not cowering in fear nor am I going to encourage my kids to feel dread & angst. I am optimistic & hopeful, and still tell all 3 of my kids, attitudes towards women & the LGTIBQ community is better than it ever has been. We can continue to fight and improve things every decade. I do not think the sky is falling and refuse to be bullied into it because people think anyone who does not think this exactly like them should not only not have a voice but be SHAMED.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:45 am I am sorry your daughter had that experience.

I am still for moving this issue back to the states as it is time for all the laws reviewed, policies updated & to be voted on. I still wonder where all this outrage was pre-ruling? Nothing was that awesome under Roe where I was from, when I worked on the Missouri side, I would have to refer patients to Kansas, as there were no services on the MO side around our area. And providers would still decline services that violated their religious belief. I had trouble even filling my birth control pills as a teen in the 90’s.

But now look at my state Kansas, the August 2nd vote was clear, we will work to keep things legal in our state. I think more states will follow through.

I am actually hoping outrage like yours will clean up laws all over, increasing access to better have before. It was way past time these ancient trigger laws get repealed.

Just because something is needed in society, does not mean it is necessarily stated as a right in the US constitution.

And due to my lingering saltiness about the last post on this topic when I was rudely told to STFU. I will repeat, I am genuinely sorry that happened to you DD, it does totally suck. Life is unfair at times.

But no, I am still not cowering in fear nor am I going to encourage my kids to feel dread & angst. I am optimistic & hopeful, and still tell all 3 of my kids, attitudes towards women & the LGTIBQ community is better than it ever has been. We can continue to fight and improve things every decade. I do not think the sky is falling and refuse to be bullied into it because people think anyone who does not think this exactly like them should not only not have a voice but be SHAMED.
My feelings on it is people shouldn’t be shamed on either side of this issue but laws should not be created that infringe on a person’s constitutional right or human rights. I think some people thought Roe V Wade legalized abortion. It did not. It simply said that under the 14th amendment people have a reasonable right to privacy and due process, that states could not deny people this reasonable right of privacy and due process. Iow, it’s between the patient and their dr. That’s it. That’s all the ruling was and that is what was overturned. What bothers me most, isn’t just the overturning but that in many of these states, that are creating these laws, they are not taking it to the voters. At the very least, these lawmakers should be letting their people decide. Sorry, I’m digressing a bit. I’m sorry you had a bad experience in another post. I don’t read over half the posts on certain topics. I just was shocked and upset over what Dd experienced. It was perfectly fine that the tech didn’t want to give it to her, what wasn’t ok was him refusing to have another help her when she asked because he made an assumption on why she was being prescribed a medication.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am so sorry your DD had to go through this.
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

That makes me sick. I have an appointment for my daughter to get birth control. Since we don't have health insurance, we are going to Planned Parenthood. I hate that she will have to see the protesters screaming at her for wanting control over her own body.
Locked Previous topicNext topic