So, I broke my right shoulder today.. how was your day? Edit!

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am typing with one hand on my laptop. I am down for months with surgery next week or the 11th. Sigh. Naturally, it is my domnant arm. I'm such a klutz and in a ton of pain.

They called me today(6/5) and surgery is set for Monday the 11th at noon. I can't have any food or drinks after midnight Sunday which is going to suck, but at least it is scheduled.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh no! How’d you manage to do that?
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm Oh no! How’d you manage to do that?
I had to switch to my phone since I can swipe. I was sitting on the patio in my t-shirt and underwear when a truck pulled up. It was 7:30 am so I panicked and ran from the sliding glass door. I tripped over the mat, hot my head on the door, my right arm went out to the door and it basically hyper extended backwards. I feel and crawled to my chair to pull myself up. My right arm wen so I stumbled to the bedroom and woke up Dh. I called the Ortho at 8 and they worked me in at 9:30. I have surgery next week or the 11th put in plates and screws. I can't drive for at least 6-8 weeks now. My mom's coming next weekend and She and the girls will be helping as well. Dh took me to the Ortho, to get meds, to get a CT scan an hour away and then to get the hydrocodone from a different pharmacy since the other was out. He and Lilly just wet to pick up Taco Bell as I have had a piece of laughing cow cheese.
Claire
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh no! I hope the meds keep you comfortable until your surgery. How the heck are going to sleep? Do you have a recliner or horseshoe/maternity pillows to keep you from moving too much while you sleep?
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:01 pm
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm Oh no! How’d you manage to do that?
I had to switch to my phone since I can swipe. I was sitting on the patio in my t-shirt and underwear when a truck pulled up. It was 7:30 am so I panicked and ran from the sliding glass door. I tripped over the mat, hot my head on the door, my right arm went out to the door and it basically hyper extended backwards. I feel and crawled to my chair to pull myself up. My right arm wen so I stumbled to the bedroom and woke up Dh. I called the Ortho at 8 and they worked me in at 9:30. I have surgery next week or the 11th put in plates and screws. I can't drive for at least 6-8 weeks now. My mom's coming next weekend and She and the girls will be helping as well. Dh took me to the Ortho, to get meds, to get a CT scan an hour away and then to get the hydrocodone from a different pharmacy since the other was out. He and Lilly just wet to pick up Taco Bell as I have had a piece of laughing cow cheese.
Ouch! Glad you have people to help you out. Hope you heal quickly!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:08 pm Oh no! I hope the meds keep you comfortable until your surgery. How the heck are going to sleep? Do you have a recliner or horseshoe/maternity pillows to keep you from moving too much while you sleep?
Probably the recliner. I'm dreading it already.
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 pm
Thanks. I told Dh to put me in a bubble as I am a klutz.😂😂
Claire
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:32 pm
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:10 pm

Thanks. I told Dh to put me in a bubble as I am a klutz.😂😂
Right before my senior year I was trying to jump a ditch on a BMX bike. I pulled back too hard and broke my collar bone and shoulder. Then the bike hit my ribs and broke two or three of them. Dominant side as well. It was awful.

I highly recommend a pillow in your lap to rest your arm on. It helps a lot. They gave me this machine that applied pressure and ice at the same time. Also, go for the nerve block.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh my gosh! I hope you’re feeling ok 💜
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Better than yours - apparently. Youch