I'm the worst person in the world because I won't date a guy in a wheelchair

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was set up on a blind date. The guy seemed great but he was in a wheelchair. For me that is just not something that I can get past. I am a very active person and a lot of stuff I do is just not possible from a wheel chair, even the nice high tech ones. I spend most of my extra time doing some activity or another.

I told my friend I wanted someone to be able to challenge me to do better both mentally and physically. She just focused on the first part.

The guy seemed nice but even he admitted he didn't do much to stay active. The date was nice but it won't happen again.

My friend asked me what the problem is. She then proceeded to tell me I was being horrible and discriminatory and an abelist. I told her that there is nothing wrong with finding someone who I am compatible with.

If I was with someone who I loved and there was an accident I would stay with them but that is very different going into a relationship knowing that I will lose out on things I want.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I believe my life is refreshingly boring. That is all.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I've read this before.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't date a guy in a wheelchair and I'm not particularly active lol.
Just-mom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Is it just me or are a bunch of the post just recycled old posts from before... They all seem so familiar.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CM redo.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This was done before and again - no one cares.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I read this one before too…
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:00 am I believe my life is refreshingly boring. That is all.
🧐 I doubt that, I just find it hard to believe anyone’s life is boring.

I find my life refreshingly entertaining. I can always amuse myself😂 now whether my life would amuse or entertain anyone else, that’s a different story😉
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:02 pm I've read this before.
Yep Word for word. But I’ll play. You’d be surprised what a person with disabilities can do. Unless the man was dependent and needed a lot of care I wouldn’t dismiss him just for a disability. But what the heck ever. Not my problem.
Locked Previous topicNext topic