I'm the worst person in the world because I won't date a guy in a wheelchair

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:55 pm
mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:00 am I believe my life is refreshingly boring. That is all.
🧐 I doubt that, I just find it hard to believe anyone’s life is boring.

I find my life refreshingly entertaining. I can always amuse myself😂 now whether my life would amuse or entertain anyone else, that’s a different story😉
In comparison to the stuff I read here - my life is boring. In comparison to the stuff I read here - it’s refreshing. That’s all I meant. NOTHING like this happens to me.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not this again...
Anonymous 3

Unread post

repeat post
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

As someone who was born with a disability and uses a cane for short distances and a walker for longer ones, you are well within your right to not want to date someone who doesn't match your lifestyle IMO.

I'm as active as I can be and more times than not, I push the limits of my physical boundaries just to prove to myself that I can.

However, I don't think anyone should be guilted into dating someone they don't mesh with just out of pity.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think that if there were any chemistry or real attraction, the wheelchair would not be an issue.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:42 pm
mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:00 am I believe my life is refreshingly boring. That is all.

I find my life refreshingly entertaining. I can always amuse myself😂 now whether my life would amuse or entertain anyone else, that’s a different story😉
In comparison to the stuff I read here - my life is boring. In comparison to the stuff I read here - it’s refreshing. That’s all I meant. NOTHING like this happens to me.
If the stereotype is true, then the lives of characters on soap operas and lifetime movies are boring compared to some of the things I’ve seen posted here and on other social media sites😂 it definitely makes me thankful for my uncomplicated, semi carefree life🙂
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:38 am I was set up on a blind date. The guy seemed great but he was in a wheelchair. For me that is just not something that I can get past. I am a very active person and a lot of stuff I do is just not possible from a wheel chair, even the nice high tech ones. I spend most of my extra time doing some activity or another.

I told my friend I wanted someone to be able to challenge me to do better both mentally and physically. She just focused on the first part.

The guy seemed nice but even he admitted he didn't do much to stay active. The date was nice but it won't happen again.

My friend asked me what the problem is. She then proceeded to tell me I was being horrible and discriminatory and an abelist. I told her that there is nothing wrong with finding someone who I am compatible with.

If I was with someone who I loved and there was an accident I would stay with them but that is very different going into a relationship knowing that I will lose out on things I want.
Rehash
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Separate question…

Do any of you think you’re going to get to read a brand new problem no one has ever had before every time you read a post?

If someone had this problem a decade ago, and many of us did not see it because we were not members of the previous group, maybe try to branch out and revisit the scenario so we all might have something to talk about instead of acting like people attempting to have a conversation will be like a dating website where you can verbally tell people how uninterested you are in them and they will still keep coming back to try again.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My life is boring. Mostly revolves around work. I have no friends.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am glad mine is relatively boring too.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic