I'm the worst person in the world because I won't date a guy in a wheelchair

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:31 am
mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:00 am I believe my life is refreshingly boring. That is all.
I am glad mine is relatively boring too.
Mine is boring too. That being said I did argue this subject once. The person in question was herself severely disabled and wanted an able bodied boyfriend. She said he could do and take her places someone with a disability could not. While I can see why I thought if she was going to discriminate she ought not be angry if she was discriminated against herself.

She is now with an able bodied man. I’m no longer close enough to know him well but he seems kind which is all I care about.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:32 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:55 pm
mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:00 am I believe my life is refreshingly boring. That is all.
🧐 I doubt that, I just find it hard to believe anyone’s life is boring.

I find my life refreshingly entertaining. I can always amuse myself😂 now whether my life would amuse or entertain anyone else, that’s a different story😉
My life is boring. Mostly revolves around work. I have no friends.
Do you enjoy your work? Do you want friends? Do you have family you enjoy?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s not as much of a brand new problem as much as it is just copying and pasting a post from the past. If it was just the same topic, I doubt anyone would care, but when it’s definitely the same post, that leads us to believe that this is really just a troll and not someone who actually needs advice.
I only commented about it on one of them but I’ve noticed multiple posts over the past few days that were definitely copy and pastes from the past. If people want to still answer them, go ahead, but I like to know not to waste my time on a response to something that’s not actually happening.
Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:23 am Separate question…

Do any of you think you’re going to get to read a brand new problem no one has ever had before every time you read a post?

If someone had this problem a decade ago, and many of us did not see it because we were not members of the previous group, maybe try to branch out and revisit the scenario so we all might have something to talk about instead of acting like people attempting to have a conversation will be like a dating website where you can verbally tell people how uninterested you are in them and they will still keep coming back to try again.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:23 am Separate question…

Do any of you think you’re going to get to read a brand new problem no one has ever had before every time you read a post?

If someone had this problem a decade ago, and many of us did not see it because we were not members of the previous group, maybe try to branch out and revisit the scenario so we all might have something to talk about instead of acting like people attempting to have a conversation will be like a dating website where you can verbally tell people how uninterested you are in them and they will still keep coming back to try again.
I think my problem is the poster doesn’t bother to freshen the post up a bit.. it’s the same post word for word from yrs ago. Add a new spin to it.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Right! 🙂
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just sending you a hug. 🙂 I hope you have a nice weekend 💜
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:48 pm
Just sending you a hug. 🙂 I hope you have a nice weekend 💜
Awweee! Hugs back to you. Have a wonderful, and safe weekend. ❤
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Momto1son
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I was told I am a horrible person because I won't date someone in recovery. They have been sober 6 months. I just don't want to be involved in that.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto1son wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:49 am I was told I am a horrible person because I won't date someone in recovery. They have been sober 6 months. I just don't want to be involved in that.
I know someone who went off and on the wagon. Now he’s mostly a non functioning alcoholic. Funny thing was when he was functioning he complained about other (worse) alcoholics. I might date a recovering alcoholic if it’s been years. But six months probably not. If nothing else they are still vulnerable and need to focus on their addiction. I also refuse to date someone newly divorced for that reason. Get yourself settled first and let the ink dry.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you did. It's part of assessing compatibility, which is the point of dating. You wouldn't date an outdoorsman if you hated being outside. Same thing. You always want to share interests with someone you're dating. Don't let your friend hammer you. If there was some great attraction you might have overlooked this, but clearly there wasn't. Best of luck on your search.
Locked Previous topicNext topic