I decided not to take my son's friend on our trip because of his bad attitude

Anonymous 7

Unread post

What park? And I'll assume this is the first time you have met this friend since you certainly would have know about his attitude.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:27 am For big trips I could understand, but for a water park and theme park it seems a bit odd.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:36 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:30 am I'm just confused about the fact that you invite someone somewhere but have them pay.
That is the norm in our friend group for big things.
water parks and theme parks are big expensive things. have you ever been to one???
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Yes. We go to theme parks regularly and have never found them to be "expensive", but that could vary based on location or income.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:17 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:27 am For big trips I could understand, but for a water park and theme park it seems a bit odd.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:36 am

That is the norm in our friend group for big things.
water parks and theme parks are big expensive things. have you ever been to one???
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess
Posts: 18024
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Unread post

This. I completely understand not taking that kid on vacation, sounds like it would be a nightmare, but she paid for it and it was your decision, OP, not to take him. It’s her money, she’s entitled to get it back. Wouldn’t you expect if someone canceled a trip you paid for to give you your money back?
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:14 am Yeah...give her the money back. If he is not going ( don't blame you on that one), it is still her money and you are wrong to keep money that is not yours.
❤️❤️ ישראל ❤️❤️
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:47 pm This. I completely understand not taking that kid on vacation, sounds like it would be a nightmare, but she paid for it and it was your decision, OP, not to take him. It’s her money, she’s entitled to get it back. Wouldn’t you expect if someone canceled a trip you paid for to give you your money back?
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:14 am Yeah...give her the money back. If he is not going ( don't blame you on that one), it is still her money and you are wrong to keep money that is not yours.
it was her son's decision to call her a bitch. so she need to make her son pay her back.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess
Posts: 18024
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Unread post

That’s between her and her son if she can’t get her money back. But OP would’ve needed to give the money back if it had been paid to her and she cancelled the trip. Now, since she later said that the mother paid for it herself, she can then ask for his money back to whoever it was paid to.
Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:49 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:47 pm This. I completely understand not taking that kid on vacation, sounds like it would be a nightmare, but she paid for it and it was your decision, OP, not to take him. It’s her money, she’s entitled to get it back. Wouldn’t you expect if someone canceled a trip you paid for to give you your money back?
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:14 am Yeah...give her the money back. If he is not going ( don't blame you on that one), it is still her money and you are wrong to keep money that is not yours.
it was her son's decision to call her a bitch. so she need to make her son pay her back.
❤️❤️ ישראל ❤️❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:02 pm What park? And I'll assume this is the first time you have met this friend since you certainly would have know about his attitude.
Sometimes kids have off days and this could have been one of them. It doesn't mean that's how they act all the time nor does it mean mom has not met this kid. Have your kids never misbehaved and gotten privileges taken?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess
Posts: 17460
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 6:31 am

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:02 pm What park? And I'll assume this is the first time you have met this friend since you certainly would have know about his attitude.
Personally I wouldn’t take a friend I’d not met before and knew well but whatever. But maybe this one got a bit big for his britches. His Mom needs to yell at him not op.
The last time my son went away with a friend I threatened death unto him if I received any complaints about his behavior. And I sent money with him. I can’t remember if I paid for any theme parks. I know they owned the cabin so hotels weren’t a problem. But I think I sent some all the same.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess
Posts: 17460
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 6:31 am

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:01 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:02 pm What park? And I'll assume this is the first time you have met this friend since you certainly would have know about his attitude.
Sometimes kids have off days and this could have been one of them. It doesn't mean that's how they act all the time nor does it mean mom has not met this kid. Have your kids never misbehaved and gotten privileges taken?
Speaking for myself my sons never called anyone a bitch. Maybe they thought it. I think the worse one ever said was my close friend was lying. I can’t remember why but it didn’t go well for him. He knew he wouldn’t see the light of day for a long time if he called anyone a bitch especially another mom in her presence. I don’t like that word even in rap songs. He’d be paying me back for that ticket for starters.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess
Posts: 18024
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Unread post

There’s misbehaving and then there’s Misbehaving. My kids have had off days were they can be difficult or in a really bad mood. But they have never been rude or called anyone names.
Calling someone a bitch, especially the mom of a friend who’s taking them on a trip, and then refusing to apologize isn’t just bad mood misbehaving. It’s being a spoiled, selfish brat with no manners.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:01 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:02 pm What park? And I'll assume this is the first time you have met this friend since you certainly would have know about his attitude.
Sometimes kids have off days and this could have been one of them. It doesn't mean that's how they act all the time nor does it mean mom has not met this kid. Have your kids never misbehaved and gotten privileges taken?
❤️❤️ ישראל ❤️❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic