Regent
Regent

Unread post

She’s not really a friend if that’s how she feels
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

She wasn't ever really your friend, I don't think. At best she was a shitty one, so it's no big loss.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Bakingmomma
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Spookly wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:20 pm She was taking advantage of you and wasn't really being your friend. She was being an asshat and a lazy ass mom. Don't feel bad for that. She's robbing her daughter of responsibility. Her daughter is gonna get a big smack to the F***ing face with reality once she realizes mommy can't save her from doing real work in the big world.
Sorry lovey~
This. Exactly.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s sad but she’s obviously not much of a friend.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She wasn't a real friend to begin with. She was trying to use you.
i want candy!
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anon wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:09 pm My best friend had a daughter in one of my classes. It was kind of awkward because my friend kept asking me to allow things to "slide" or give her daughter an advantage because of the friendship.

Of course I would never do that. My job is important and it isnt doing the student any favors to let her slide through and not learn anything.

About two months ago she started doing really poorly in class. I brought it up in parent teacher conferences and my best friend didnt take it seriously. Last month I sat them down again saying if things do not change failing the class is probably what was going to happen. Well the DD didnt make any changes and sure enough she failed the class.

Grades were posted and within minutes I got an angry phone call from my best friend saying how could I let this happen and now DD has to retake the class either in summer school or not graduate on time. I told her I was sorry she felt that way but her DD needed to do the work required and do well on the test to pass the class just like anyone else.

She told me if I dont find a way to change the grade I will lose her as a friend forever. This has really opened my eyes. For one I didnt realize how immature she is. I didnt realize how lazy of a parent she is and I dont really want to be friends with someone who would give me an ultimatum like that. No one is worth risking my job over. It just sucks because we have been friends for over 20 years. I never thought things would go like this.
I'm sorry your friend is giving you an ultimatum over this. I agree with you in that I would not want to be friends with someone who would give me an ultimatum of any kind.
I have to ask you a question just because I've always been curious about this. When my daughter was in school and was approaching high school age, I knew she might be assigned to the class of my best friend. Because I always believed that it's a good policy to never do "business" with family members or friends, I did not want my child to be assigned to my friend's class. Thankfully, my daughter graduated from high school already and she never was assigned to my best friend. My question to you is this...Would a school ever honor the request of a parent to NOT have her child assigned to a teacher because that teacher is a friend of one of the parents? Like I said, thankfully, we never HAD to ask. But if she had been assigned to my friend, I would have wanted her to be re-assigned to a different teacher...for all our sakes. What are your thoughts on this? Just curious. Thanks!
I hope everything works out with you and your friend. I hope it's just that she's being emotional right now. I hope she sleeps on it and realizes that she's being unreasonable.
nassivera
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Wow, that's a tough position to be in. However, she sucks. I agree with you.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Spookly wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:20 pm She was taking advantage of you and wasn't really being your friend. She was being an asshat and a lazy ass mom. Don't feel bad for that. She's robbing her daughter of responsibility. Her daughter is gonna get a big smack to the F***ing face with reality once she realizes mommy can't save her from doing real work in the big world.
Sorry lovey~
This. What does she expect to happen next year? I mean mommy can't bail her out forever.
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic