Do Drs do Echo's

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My dr wants me to get an Echo. The lady at her office called to give me a time. She told me next Tuesday. I said I tought my dr only works in the office on Monday and Wednesday. She said that was true. I asked if she came in for Tuesaday to do Echos. She told me that a specialized tech would do my Echo. I told her that I would feel better if my dr did it. My dr knows my heart and knows everything about me. The lady at the office told me that drs don't do Echos. If she doesn't do it then I want her in the room to make sure the special tech knows what to do.

The lady said the best she can do is schedule me when my dr is in the office.

I don't know if I trust this.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No doctors don't do echos over techs.

The doctors might read them but if the tech is good they probably know far more than the doc anyway.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Doctors do not do echos..techs normally do them.

I have had a ton of echos over the years and my Cardiologist has never been there for them. Ever. The tech has done them and then he has gotten the results.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No, generally Dr's do NOT do Echo's just like radiologists don't take xrays. They have techs specially trained that perform these tasks for them and they can focus on reading and interpretation of the results.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The tech did mine and she did fine. Why are you so worried?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm Doctors do not do echos..techs normally do them.

I have had a ton of echos over the years and my Cardiologist has never been there for them. Ever. The tech has done them and then he has gotten the results.
You trust that? They don't know your heart. Wouldn't you rather you dr did it?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 pm The tech did mine and she did fine. Why are you so worried?
my dr knows my heart. Plus I only trust MDs.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm Doctors do not do echos..techs normally do them.

You trust that? They don't know your heart. Wouldn't you rather you dr did it?
Wow you are an idiot. You think the techs who go to school to study that specifically know nothing?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:30 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 pm The tech did mine and she did fine. Why are you so worried?
Strange.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:30 pm
Your MD hasn't performed an echo since school in all likelihood and you'd trust him to set up the test place the nodes properly and administer a test he hasn't seen since med school over a Tech who received specialized training and performs multiple numbers of these tests every day for their whole career? Okay you're a troll.
Locked Previous topicNext topic