Do Drs do Echo's

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm Doctors do not do echos..techs normally do them.

I have had a ton of echos over the years and my Cardiologist has never been there for them. Ever. The tech has done them and then he has gotten the results.
You trust that? They don't know your heart. Wouldn't you rather you dr did it?
Yes. I trust it. It is nothing extreme. It is like an u/s. Did you freak when a tech did an u'/s during pregnancy? It is the same bloody thing. It is a picture and the doctor reads it. You are being super dramatic IMO. Even when I was in ICU with a stroke a technician did an echo every day. My Cardiologist was not there until he did my TEE. He read the echos and that was it.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A tech specializes in echos, that is their job. Do you go to a urologist if you need an X-ray?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:18 pm Doctors do not do echos..techs normally do them.

I have had a ton of echos over the years and my Cardiologist has never been there for them. Ever. The tech has done them and then he has gotten the results.
What do you mean by "know your heart"? That is literally their job and what they've had way more training in than any MD. Your OBGYN does not have nearly as much training in how to properly do an echo as a technician. Having them in the room would be a massive waste of time. You don't have some special mystical heart that only your doctor knows.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's like my mammogram. My doctor didn't do it. A tech did. The doctor will read the result. My doctor did do my EKG I believe. But a tech did my stress test and the cardiologist gave me the results. I don't see the deal.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, not typically...just as doctors aren’t the ones that perform numerous other tests.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They know the equipment and the angles to get. That's all they do is echos. Your doctor will interpret the results. My dad's been under a cardiologists care for at least 25 years. He's never once done an echo himself, but he gets the report and sometimes he'll double check the actual film himself.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No. That’s right. Doctors read them and the reports but don’t do them themselves.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

What exactly are you afraid a tech will do wrong because they don't know your heart? They aren't treating you.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Techs who have been trained in echocardiograms give them, not doctors. You can trust this tech, it is literally their job. Your doctor will most likely not even know what to so for the test, because its not his job.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Please be a troll...
Locked Previous topicNext topic