My boss just announced that they are charging for parking now.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 pm My sister works for the largest healthcare provider in Pittsburgh and has to pay to park in their garages. She’s been doing this for decades.
Is it an outrageous amount like what they are expecting from us?
Do you live in a city?
Not a big city.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

$1 an hour is cheap for parking here.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 pm $1 an hour is cheap for parking here.
That is what I was thinking. Our hospital here is $3.50 per half hour or $14.25 per day. Which is cheap compared to the large city where parking lots charge $550 per month. I know someone working from home still paying the $550 a month because they do not want to lose their spot when they go back to the office full time.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She pays $80 a month for the privilege of parking and then taking a shuttle to her office...

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 pm My sister works for the largest healthcare provider in Pittsburgh and has to pay to park in their garages. She’s been doing this for decades.
Is it an outrageous amount like what they are expecting from us?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'm sorry. On the one hand it would be nice if your employer could foot the bill, but on the other hand I would like to see more incentive to use public transportation. Though perhaps not during a global pandemic. 😬
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Our hospitals are $8 or 9/ hour. My parking garage was 10/day.

I've paid for parking once in the 6.5 years I've been there. It was because I came in super late and couldn't find a spot in the parking garage I'm supposed to park it. I got a validation but it didn't work.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

OUCH, what do you do for a living?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's too bad. I wouldn't want to be charged to park and go to work. :(

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I feel your pain. I pay like, idk as looking it up would piss me off, but around 50-60 $ a month for my parking permit and get this -- I have not parked in that parking lot since March. They refuse to let you cancel!

It's ridiculous in addition to my 10% paycut for this year "temporary" of course, yea, it's never coming back *sigh* We were told was generous, as they really wanted it to 17.5%. *rolls eyes*
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 pm $1 an hour is cheap for parking here.
No where else in town charges for parking.
Locked Previous topicNext topic