My boss just announced that they are charging for parking now.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:09 am
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:32 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:55 am I feel your pain. I pay like, idk as looking it up would piss me off, but around 50-60 $ a month for my parking permit and get this -- I have not parked in that parking lot since March. They refuse to let you cancel!

It's ridiculous in addition to my 10% paycut for this year "temporary" of course, yea, it's never coming back *sigh* We were told was generous, as they really wanted it to 17.5%. *rolls eyes*
Oof! That sucks Live!

My BIL works for Delta and he took a 25% reduction in hours and a 25% cut in pay. He's not thrilled to say the least.
The california governor cut firefighters pay. And closed several training camps including ones that train the prisoners we rely so heavily on.
He's a train wreck! Its our biggest natural disaster in this state.
He also cut state workers salaries and said he cut his own but he didn't. When he was caught he said it was a clerical error.
I am reading this right that California trains prisoners to be fire fighters? Here that is a sought after well paying job (average is $100,000+) that they need a specialized college education for followed by extensive training.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Then just park at one of those places that doesn't charge.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:25 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 pm $1 an hour is cheap for parking here.
No where else in town charges for parking.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:58 pm Then just park at one of those places that doesn't charge.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 pm $1 an hour is cheap for parking here.
There is no other parking garage within 5 miles
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Then, I hope you get a raise to make up for this surprise expense. And if not, I hope you can afford to just pay the monthly bill. And if that's not possible, I wish you luck finding a comparable job that doesn't have this expense attached to it. Good luck to you either way. :)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:19 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:58 pm Then just park at one of those places that doesn't charge.

There is no other parking garage within 5 miles
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:03 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:09 am
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:32 am

Oof! That sucks Live!

My BIL works for Delta and he took a 25% reduction in hours and a 25% cut in pay. He's not thrilled to say the least.
The california governor cut firefighters pay. And closed several training camps including ones that train the prisoners we rely so heavily on.
He's a train wreck! Its our biggest natural disaster in this state.
He also cut state workers salaries and said he cut his own but he didn't. When he was caught he said it was a clerical error.
I am reading this right that California trains prisoners to be fire fighters? Here that is a sought after well paying job (average is $100,000+) that they need a specialized college education for followed by extensive training.
To an extent yes. I see them all summer long doing things like clearing dry weeds from around the park. But they do use them on fires as well. A bill actually just passed to allow them to pursue being a firefighter after they are released too.
https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/facility-locato ... ion-camps/
But thanks to the governor we are short on those too.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/us/calif ... index.html
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:07 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:32 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:29 am

I work in environmental services in a hospital. It is almost two hours a day worth of my pay just to be able to part there.
Wait you only make $5 an hour?
$50/week
$10/day
$10÷2=$5 an hour
I make 7.25 an hour. I don't work 5 day a week.
That is crazy low.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:54 pm The parking garage is now going to be charging $1 an hour. That is about $50+ a week for me. You can either pay hourly or pay $2,200 for a year long parking permit. I think it is crazy that they are doing this. They could give employees parking permits so we don't have to pay and they could still charge others. There is no alternative parking anywhere close. I'd have to find random street parking way off the property. I can't imagine having to walk all the way to my car at the end of a 12 or 16 hour day.

I honestly am thinking about quitting and finding another job. I don't want to waste the money paying to park and I don't want to do any more walking than I already have to.
How much are you paid?
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:54 pm The parking garage is now going to be charging $1 an hour. That is about $50+ a week for me. You can either pay hourly or pay $2,200 for a year long parking permit. I think it is crazy that they are doing this. They could give employees parking permits so we don't have to pay and they could still charge others. There is no alternative parking anywhere close. I'd have to find random street parking way off the property. I can't imagine having to walk all the way to my car at the end of a 12 or 16 hour day.

I honestly am thinking about quitting and finding another job. I don't want to waste the money paying to park and I don't want to do any more walking than I already have to.
I used to walk 6-7 blocks in the winter. We couldn't wear coats either since there was no where to put them.
It sucked so I don't blame you at all.
i want candy!
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's pretty shitty.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 7

Unread post

My sisters work pays her an extra $25 for parking but she hates driving & finding parking in the city ,so she takes public transportation (the bus). Costs her $4/day to ride the bus.
Locked Previous topicNext topic