My boss just announced that they are charging for parking now.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:34 am I'm sorry. On the one hand it would be nice if your employer could foot the bill, but on the other hand I would like to see more incentive to use public transportation. Though perhaps not during a global pandemic. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
There is no public transportation.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lotus wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:02 am OUCH, what do you do for a living?
I work in environmental services in a hospital. It is almost two hours a day worth of my pay just to be able to part there.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:55 am I feel your pain. I pay like, idk as looking it up would piss me off, but around 50-60 $ a month for my parking permit and get this -- I have not parked in that parking lot since March. They refuse to let you cancel!

It's ridiculous in addition to my 10% paycut for this year "temporary" of course, yea, it's never coming back *sigh* We were told was generous, as they really wanted it to 17.5%. *rolls eyes*
Oof! That sucks Live!

My BIL works for Delta and he took a 25% reduction in hours and a 25% cut in pay. He's not thrilled to say the least.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 3

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:32 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:55 am I feel your pain. I pay like, idk as looking it up would piss me off, but around 50-60 $ a month for my parking permit and get this -- I have not parked in that parking lot since March. They refuse to let you cancel!

It's ridiculous in addition to my 10% paycut for this year "temporary" of course, yea, it's never coming back *sigh* We were told was generous, as they really wanted it to 17.5%. *rolls eyes*
Oof! That sucks Live!

My BIL works for Delta and he took a 25% reduction in hours and a 25% cut in pay. He's not thrilled to say the least.
The california governor cut firefighters pay. And closed several training camps including ones that train the prisoners we rely so heavily on.
He's a train wreck! Its our biggest natural disaster in this state.
He also cut state workers salaries and said he cut his own but he didn't. When he was caught he said it was a clerical error.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My other half works for a medical school/ hospital network and has always paid for parking. We joke that the slight raise he gets each year pays for the parking increases.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:29 am
I work in environmental services in a hospital. It is almost two hours a day worth of my pay just to be able to part there.
Wait you only make $5 an hour?
$50/week
$10/day
$10รท2=$5 an hour
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Are you able to arrange a carpool with some of your coworkers, and split the cost?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:32 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:29 am
Wait you only make $5 an hour?
$50/week
$10/day
$10รท2=$5 an hour
I make 7.25 an hour. I don't work 5 day a week.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:42 pm Are you able to arrange a carpool with some of your coworkers, and split the cost?
I'm trying to see but it's hard because our shifts don't always align.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: โ†‘Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:32 am

Oof! That sucks Live!

I feel bad for you BIL too. It's just a rough time for many people right now.
Locked Previous topicNext topic