My boss just announced that they are charging for parking now.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The parking garage is now going to be charging $1 an hour. That is about $50+ a week for me. You can either pay hourly or pay $2,200 for a year long parking permit. I think it is crazy that they are doing this. They could give employees parking permits so we don't have to pay and they could still charge others. There is no alternative parking anywhere close. I'd have to find random street parking way off the property. I can't imagine having to walk all the way to my car at the end of a 12 or 16 hour day.

I honestly am thinking about quitting and finding another job. I don't want to waste the money paying to park and I don't want to do any more walking than I already have to.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I remember Pittsburgh being horrible for that, but I was there in like 1994 so Idk about now. Is it a hospital? Because if so they really should pay for your parking. If it's just a city lot well that's city life.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:58 pm I remember Pittsburgh being horrible for that, but I was there in like 1994 so Idk about now. Is it a hospital? Because if so they really should pay for your parking. If it's just a city lot well that's city life.
Yes it's a hospital.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Welcome to the club, although I pay a fraction of that, still sucks my employer can't foot the bill.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised and see a $42.31 increase in your weekly paycheck????
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:54 pm The parking garage is now going to be charging $1 an hour. That is about $50+ a week for me. You can either pay hourly or pay $2,200 for a year long parking permit. I think it is crazy that they are doing this. They could give employees parking permits so we don't have to pay and they could still charge others. There is no alternative parking anywhere close. I'd have to find random street parking way off the property. I can't imagine having to walk all the way to my car at the end of a 12 or 16 hour day.

I honestly am thinking about quitting and finding another job. I don't want to waste the money paying to park and I don't want to do any more walking than I already have to.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’ve never had to deal with that.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My sister works for the largest healthcare provider in Pittsburgh and has to pay to park in their garages. She’s been doing this for decades.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:54 pm The parking garage is now going to be charging $1 an hour. That is about $50+ a week for me. You can either pay hourly or pay $2,200 for a year long parking permit. I think it is crazy that they are doing this. They could give employees parking permits so we don't have to pay and they could still charge others. There is no alternative parking anywhere close. I'd have to find random street parking way off the property. I can't imagine having to walk all the way to my car at the end of a 12 or 16 hour day.

That really sucks.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 pm My sister works for the largest healthcare provider in Pittsburgh and has to pay to park in their garages. She’s been doing this for decades.
Is it an outrageous amount like what they are expecting from us?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 pm My sister works for the largest healthcare provider in Pittsburgh and has to pay to park in their garages. She’s been doing this for decades.
Is it an outrageous amount like what they are expecting from us?
Do you live in a city?
Locked Previous topicNext topic