Any of you ladies dress modestly

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Is it something you do consciously or is it just your personal style? Has your style become more conservative as you've gotten older?
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wear shorts or jeans with a graphic tee. It's just what I've always gone for since I'm all about comfort. I don't wear skirts or dresses as it's not my thing. I wear a tankini for a bathing suit. ;-)
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn’t call it either modestly nor slutty, but in between. Swim suits are always tankini style, some lower cut than others. I love tank tops with mid thigh shorts in the summer. In the winter I’m covered from my toes to my chin.

Next summer it may change as I am losing weight and may want to show some more skin.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I wear jeans and t-shirt or shorts and t-shirt and the shorts I have hit mid thigh. I guess that's modest. Sometimes I go braless though. I don't dress modestly on purpose, I dress for comfort.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm kind of looking to get ideas.
Most google searches on modest dressing seem to come back with a biblical basis. Which is fine but not what I'm looking for.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:35 pm I'm kind of looking to get ideas.
Most google searches on modest dressing seem to come back with a biblical basis. Which is fine but not what I'm looking for.
Lands End, LLBean, have shorts and tees that you might like. They have dresses too. They're preppy style though.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would say I've become less conservative as I've gotten older. My former self wouldn't have dreamed of a spaghetti strap tank top. Now its not exactly my goal just to show skin but I wear what I think makes me look good and what I feel good wearing.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't call it modest as much as what I feel comfortable in, which is jeans and t-shirts.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I dress fairly modestly, I like to dress nice but not "sexy". So I normally go for longer skirts (not LONG necessarily, but not short!) and avoid showing cleavage. I do have a few tops/dresses that show some cleavage but they're still somewhat modest.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:35 pm I'm kind of looking to get ideas.
You can dress modestly in almost any style. Look at various styles on Pinterest or just google and then see what style you like. Find the pieces in that style that cover you in a way that you feel comfortable.

Boho, Vintage, Southwestern are styles that I like and I'm covered when I want to be and more revealing when I want to be.
Locked Previous topicNext topic