Any of you ladies dress modestly

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What are you asking? Is "modestly" code for some religious doctrine of how females should behave? As in Duggar style long dresses and no pants?

If so, then no, I do not dress "modestly."
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, I’m naked more often than dressed.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Modest is definitely not a term anyone would ever use in reference to me. I don't mind showing skin, and I have never purposefully gone out of my way to not show skin. If anything, I would say that I've gotten less modest as I've gotten older and developed a personal style and got some confidence. 20-year-old me was too self-conscious for a backless or strapless shirt or spaghetti straps or showing my legs in any way. 36-year-old me is not.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I do. For me it’s a religious thing. I wear long skirts, long sleeves, no cleavage. I also cover my hair when I go out.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 7

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am I will wear jeans and a tee shirt for daily attire, but for something like church I will wear jeans (I don't like skirts) and a nice blouse. It's just the way I'm comfortable, so that's how I dress.
Is there a difference between a tshirt and a nice blouse with jeans in church?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My style has definitely become more conservative as I have aged. I do not dress the as I did when I was 20.

I avoid any low cut tops/blouses. All my skirts are now at a length to me knees or lower. I wear lots of layers, scarves which tend to hide my figure.
mommeruchy
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Yes, I do for religious reasons. I shop at places like H&M, Zara, ASOS, etc because I want to be stylish at least. I wear makeup daily, set my wig. I happen to think I look really good when I go outside lol.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:47 pm
agander2017 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am I will wear jeans and a tee shirt for daily attire, but for something like church I will wear jeans (I don't like skirts) and a nice blouse. It's just the way I'm comfortable, so that's how I dress.
Is there a difference between a tshirt and a nice blouse with jeans in church?
I think there is. A tee shirt usually has a graphic design, where a blouse would be dressier. I have nice jeans that I wear to church, and then my other jeans that I wear everyday. Those tend to have holes in them. I'm not big on getting dressed up, I just want to look more put together.

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Depends on what you mean by modestly. I do dress more conservatively, but that’s simply because it makes me comfortable. I’m sure people who dress modestly for religious reasons wouldn’t think I dress modestly, though. Like a PP, I’ve become less conservative as I’ve aged and become more comfortable in my own skin.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

That pink apron is cute!
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:35 pm I'm kind of looking to get ideas.
Most google searches on modest dressing seem to come back with a biblical basis. Which is fine but not what I'm looking for.
You can dress modestly in almost any style. Look at various styles on Pinterest or just google and then see what style you like. Find the pieces in that style that cover you in a way that you feel comfortable.

Boho, Vintage, Southwestern are styles that I like and I'm covered when I want to be and more revealing when I want to be.
Locked Previous topicNext topic