Mask mandate allowed to expire

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 pm How stupid of them. Get ready for the next surge.
You'll probably love their reasons.

According to the article in our local news outlet: Two of the council members who voted against extending the order "expressed concern about businesses that have been requiring employees to wear the masks throughout their shifts". One of those two also said "she has been dealing with aggravated allergy effects from wearing masks". A third one of the 4 (who voted to end the mask mandate) said she didn't believe the virus was a hoax and she had lost a friend with leukemia after the friend contracted the virus, yet she still said the mask order should end. She was quoted as saying "We're not all sick. You are responsible for your own health."

Our city mayor was one of the 3 who voted to extend the mask mandate for another month, but alas he was outvoted and the mandate is gone.

So what are your thoughts on the City Council leadership of my little city?
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:25 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm I don't live in a shit hole so mask mandates were never a thing.
Please enlighten us as to where masks have not been a requirement the majority of the world at least recommends masks if not requires them.
I'm not anon 4,but.. my state has never had a mandate. I live in GA. I mean, my state governor sued the mayor of Atlanta over her mask mandate even though 10 other mayors instituted one as well. One mayor instituted one a day after he filed the suit as a giant F-you to him. My county has never had one, but my family has been wearing them since the end of March.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As far as I know, masks are still mandated here. We wear them regardless though.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:34 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 pm How stupid of them. Get ready for the next surge.

According to the article in our local news outlet: Two of the council members who voted against extending the order "expressed concern about businesses that have been requiring employees to wear the masks throughout their shifts". One of those two also said "she has been dealing with aggravated allergy effects from wearing masks". A third one of the 4 (who voted to end the mask mandate) said she didn't believe the virus was a hoax and she had lost a friend with leukemia after the friend contracted the virus, yet she still said the mask order should end. She was quoted as saying "We're not all sick. You are responsible for your own health."

Our city mayor was one of the 3 who voted to extend the mask mandate for another month, but alas he was outvoted and the mandate is gone.

Wow! Logical, rational people who maybe read and understand science? Say it isn't so!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:55 pm
JoJo728 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:01 pm We have a state-wide mandatory mask requirement in public spaces still with no foreseeable end. My state is mixed - some yellow, green with one county red.

I'm not sure where you are looking but there are still many red areas in the US. I just looked at a map from Ohio to Maine and there is a lot of red. So I wouldn't say we are experiencing a downturn. In fact, we need to continue to be diligent in living with this virus. I think it will be interesting to see, in your area, the impact of the ending of wearing masks will have.
This is the link I am looking at. I don't know if it's the best source or not but it's what I found.

https://globalepidemics.org/key-metrics ... ppression/

And yes, there are still a lot of red counties, but according to this anyway only one state as a whole is red. Still a lot of orange states.
My county on that map is said to have 505 cases countywide. The local paper yesterday said there was 530. Not sure what date the data was compiled for the map, but discrepancies like this make me wonder how accurate things are. And according to the paper, only 2 people in my county are sick enough to be hospitalized.

I'm so ready to be done with this virus and all the bs the media is putting out with it.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:34 pm

The comment highlighted is exactly right. We should protect the vulnerable, but the rest of us should be able to go about our lives normally. There ARE some side effects (for some people) from wearing the mask. I think that at the MOST it should be a personal choice to wear one or not.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Our Governor is trying to find a way to extend it. I think he's going to be faced with many issues in this attempt, because so many people think he did something illegal when he mandated it the first time, and then extended it again. There are actually petitions to have him thrown out of office because of what he has done. He said he doesn't want to take it to legislation because they refused his safer at home order last Spring. So he is sure they will refuse the extension on the masks. What he's doing is trying to find a way to extend it without having to deal with anyone else.

He is the same man that has been seen out and about without a mask on, and in large groups of people. There's a reason we don't trust him anymore, and want him out of office. He wants us to do things he isn't willing to do himself.

Locked Previous topicNext topic