Mask mandate allowed to expire

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My City Council had a meeting this week and voted 4-3 to allow our citywide mask mandate to expire. So as of today there is no requirement to wear a mask in public. They did warn that some businesses, especially national chains, might still have a corporate issued mask mandate to enter the business and that people should follow whatever mandate a particular business issues in order to enter said business.

I just looked and my county is in the Yellow with 2.4 daily new cases per 100K people. My state as a whole is in the Yellow with 5.4 daily new cases. I also noticed that only one state as a whole is in the Red, North Dakota.

Could we actually be seeing an overall downturn in Covid cases? Are we seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?
What are your local mask requirements at the moment?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think people are partly just growing weary in well-doing and unsure if its helping to be honest. They've become more accepting of the risk as well.

I'm going to keep wearing my mask. Population is too high here for us to start slacking in my opinion. I haven't seen any sign of dropping the mask requirement. I did see a plan for one local school to start kindergarteners back to in-class learning in October. Right now all the districts in my area are doing all online school.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We have a state-wide mandatory mask requirement in public spaces still with no foreseeable end. My state is mixed - some yellow, green with one county red.

I'm not sure where you are looking but there are still many red areas in the US. I just looked at a map from Ohio to Maine and there is a lot of red. So I wouldn't say we are experiencing a downturn. In fact, we need to continue to be diligent in living with this virus. I think it will be interesting to see, in your area, the impact of the ending of wearing masks will have.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

In my state, the numbers in the heavily populated areas have been going down however they are spiking in the rural counties and university towns. We have still have a mask mandate, however, in our small predominantly conservative county, many people don't abide by the mandate.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Our state is moving to phase 3 and keeping a mask mandate in place. I don't see it changing any time soon.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 2

Unread post

20200916_121727.jpg
Historically they'll push it until a vaccine then give credit to the downward trend to the vaccine. We see it over and over again in the history and this time is no different.
As a country yes we are seeing a downward trend and looking at countries that have gone before us yes there could be an end.
Screenshot_20200916-122035_Chrome.jpg
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 pm My City Council had a meeting this week and voted 4-3 to allow our citywide mask mandate to expire. So as of today there is no requirement to wear a mask in public. They did warn that some businesses, especially national chains, might still have a corporate issued mask mandate to enter the business and that people should follow whatever mandate a particular business issues in order to enter said business.

I just looked and my county is in the Yellow with 2.4 daily new cases per 100K people. My state as a whole is in the Yellow with 5.4 daily new cases. I also noticed that only one state as a whole is in the Red, North Dakota.

Could we actually be seeing an overall downturn in Covid cases? Are we seeing the light at the end of the tunnel?
What are your local mask requirements at the moment?
Masks are required here in any public building, retail or food establishment. Social distancing must be practiced for gathering people outdoors, and indoor dining or events limited to 25% capacity at most with 6 feet between tables.

I do not think this is winding down, the fall is coming with more time spent indoors and kids in classrooms and colleges. Expect a new wave of cases and deaths in the months ahead. Several medical models predict 300,000 deaths by the end of this year.
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news ... y-december
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My state never had a mask mandate, some cities and counties did though. Most stores do require a mask and the same for restaurants, and even though the mask haters scream loud, most people follow it without question.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My state has never had a mandate because my governor is a bonehead. He sued the mayor of Atlanta over a mask mandate for goodness sake. *sigh* I haven't been keeping up with it, but from what I just saw, my county is now yellow when it has been orange for months.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Deleted User 670

Unread post

As far as I know masks are still mandated. I'm betting you're going to be seeing a surge of cases when people stop wearing masks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic