Craigslist - is this some kind of scam?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I got an inquiry about something I posted on Craigslist but the conversation was strange. What is this about? Anyone know?
Screenshot_20200816-223652_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20200816-223659_Messages.jpg
ETA: I got one more response
pls give me a code

Dang he's pushy.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

scam
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Scam
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:43 pmScam

But how?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's some scam. Anyone who's not straightforward, leave it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:47 pm It's some scam. Anyone who's not straightforward, leave it.

He seemed really pushy, didnt he? Makes me nervous somehow. I'm just trying to understand how he could have scammed me.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Scam
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:45 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:43 pmScam

But how?
I *think* they get in to your account with the code. If that’s not it, they throw you off guard so that you’ll more easily fall for one of the bs cashier’s check scams or similar.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 4

Unread post

The scam:
You put your own personal telephone number (mobile or landline number) out in public somewhere (on a classified ad, or a dating website, or wherever).
Some scammer contacts you via text or email about your ad. They tell you a story about how they need you to prove you are real person, or a legitimate seller, not a bot, and, that they are using a special phone service that requires that you give them the six-digit code number that will be played to you by an automated verification call you will receive from Google, or via a text message.
The scammer is, in reality, going through the Google Voice setup process. They tell Google Voice to call your personal number, and then the call speaks the code, along with a warning to not share the code with anyone. Somehow, you ignore that explicit warning and give the scammer the code number. When you do that, THEY, not you, are issued a Google Voice number, using your personal number as the forwarding number for their account.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:00 pm The scam:
You put your own personal telephone number (mobile or landline number) out in public somewhere (on a classified ad, or a dating website, or wherever).
Some scammer contacts you via text or email about your ad. They tell you a story about how they need you to prove you are real person, or a legitimate seller, not a bot, and, that they are using a special phone service that requires that you give them the six-digit code number that will be played to you by an automated verification call you will receive from Google, or via a text message.
The scammer is, in reality, going through the Google Voice setup process. They tell Google Voice to call your personal number, and then the call speaks the code, along with a warning to not share the code with anyone. Somehow, you ignore that explicit warning and give the scammer the code number. When you do that, THEY, not you, are issued a Google Voice number, using your personal number as the forwarding number for their account.
wow. Learned something new. OP, tell the 'art lover' to go blow himself with google and to stop wasting your time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic