108 and no AC

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:11 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:52 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:35 am

My husband is an hvac tech so thankfully short of needing parts that have to be ordered ours wouldn't be out long.
It has been humid here too. Normally its dry but it rained some yesterday. It'd just yucky outside.
I don't think our central A/C unit stopped in three months.
Lucky I don't usually use ours because electricity is crazy expensive. But with this weather i have no choice.
I will have yo turn it off this afternoon because rates will skyrocket.
Are you in the LA region? My friend and her husband are there and they lost power on the weekend, because of rolling brownouts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:27 pm

Lucky I don't usually use ours because electricity is crazy expensive. But with this weather i have no choice.
Are you in the LA region? My friend and her husband are there and they lost power on the weekend, because of rolling brownouts.
I'm in northern California and this was due to equipment failure. Pge has been raising our rates for years to upgrade their equipment and then never does it. Same with our water company. 13 years ago we could use all of the power we wanted and our bill would be under $100. Now I'm scrimping everywhere I can (hang laundry, everything off during the highest rate hours, no ac unless its over 105 outside) just to keep my bill under $400. I don't even want to see it this month since we are having to use the ac.
Same with our water. It has gone from $60 every other month to $120 and thats if we don't use over the base rate.
We canceled our trash service because it went from $20 a month to $80 in one massive rate hike.
I need out of this state.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So happy it's only 68 here. I have my windows wide open! I'm counting down the days until summer is done. I hate heat.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 am That would suck. We are having the longest heat wave ever here, but not the hottest. With humidex, many days we hit 100 to 110 including the 100 percent humidity. I was just counting my blessings that our 18 year old central A/C unit would not give up.
Our landlord had a new one installed this year. It's been needed for years now. Whoever owned this house before these people did things really weird. I've already fixed a few things on my own that I knew how.
I'm so happy the heat has broke. Got the windows wide open today! There's a nice breeze today too 😄 we also have a tornado watch right now lol 🤷
mommeruchy
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I’d die lol.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yuck. We don’t get that hot here—90ish is tops. We once lost it in those temps for a full 24 hours. Yucky!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:20 pm Yuck. We don’t get that hot here—90ish is tops. We once lost it in those temps for a full 24 hours. Yucky!
Usually its at least a dry heat but no we have storms coming in with it!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Its supposed to go out for another 2 hours today 😪
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:35 am

My husband is an hvac tech so thankfully short of needing parts that have to be ordered ours wouldn't be out long.
It has been humid here too. Normally its dry but it rained some yesterday. It'd just yucky outside.
Our's is expensive too. What is the price per kwh there?
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:30 pm
Linda_Runs wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 am That would suck. We are having the longest heat wave ever here, but not the hottest. With humidex, many days we hit 100 to 110 including the 100 percent humidity. I was just counting my blessings that our 18 year old central A/C unit would not give up.
Our landlord had a new one installed this year. It's been needed for years now. Whoever owned this house before these people did things really weird. I've already fixed a few things on my own that I knew how.
I'm so happy the heat has broke. Got the windows wide open today! There's a nice breeze today too 😄 we also have a tornado watch right now lol 🤷
We were under a tornado watch yesterday in this part of Ontario.
Locked Previous topicNext topic