I'm not going to quarantine just because I've been exposed

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:11 pm Why can’t you just stay home, order food off Grubhub, and binge watch Netflix? It’s just not that hard.
It can be for people who work.

Personally, if I had been around someone who tested positive, I would just give my employer the information and ask him what he wanted me to do. If he wanted me to stay home and take advantage of the FFCRA or if he wanted me to come in. I'm guessing though, until I had any symptoms he would want me to come in. And I don't know if they are testing people around here who don't have symptoms.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:03 am I had a friend that tested positive last week. As soon as I found out, I cancelled plans that I made, and went in for a test. I'm quarantining at home, because if I do have it (Haven't got the test results yet) then I don't want to pass it on to someone else. If I don't have it, big deal. I can reschedule things that were planned. I don't need to go out to dinner, or to get something to eat. I don't need to do anything. I made sure we always had enough food and supplies in the house for at least 2 weeks. Just in case. Now, had my friend not tested positive, I probably would be doing what I normally do. Since I was around her right before she tested positive, I don't feel safe going out in public.

You have problems, and clearly don't care about anyone else.
None of what you said addresses people who work outside the home.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:17 am If only we could mark all the people who refuse to quarantine after exposure with warning mark using a dye that lasts 14 days. Then the rest of us would know to stay as far away from them as possible.
So you are a fan of marking people with a scarlet letter. Good to know.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Well if you only saw the friend from a distance and were masked and everything, I wouldn't blame you for not doing quarantine. Personally I would still quarantine even then but I wouldn't be missing out on pay, and numbers are very low where I live. I don't feel like I'm exposed every time I go out. If numbers were very high I would be severely limiting how often I went out anyway.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:50 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:12 pm This is why it’s taking so long to get a handle on things! Selfish dumbass people!
This is not the reason.
It's a virus. We've already sacrificed too much for a damn virus.
The lockdowns have almost destroyed this country.
Seriously people cannot take 2 weeks off work everytime someone in their circle tests positive. OMG
You know who sacrificed too much? Those who lost family members because some people couldn't grow up and act like responsible adults. Not being able to go get your nails done and hang with your besties isn't sacrifice. So, if you can't take off two weeks of work, your "circle" should not extend outside your household so you aren't risking people's lives.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:59 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:12 pm This is why it’s taking so long to get a handle on things! Selfish dumbass people!
This is not the reason.
Seriously people cannot take 2 weeks off work everytime someone in their circle tests positive. OMG
You know who sacrificed too much? Those who lost family members because some people couldn't grow up and act like responsible adults. Not being able to go get your nails done and hang with your besties isn't sacrifice. So, if you can't take off two weeks of work, your "circle" should not extend outside your household so you aren't risking people's lives.
Or the frightened, tiny minds should just stay home since they're so scared of human contact. You're aware that people have died before, right?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

People die. We have collectively as a society have decided to engage in a great deal of activities that involve a risk of death - driving, flying, playing sports, eating junk food, cooking our food (we could start a fire), wearing what is essentially plastic on our bodies (fleece, spandex) and much more flammable than natural fibers, swimming in the ocean, skiing, etc.....

The problem with how the pandemic was handled isn’t that we didn’t lock down strong enough or long enough. The problem was that we didn’t take the same risk based approach to Covid that we take with everything else.

Epidemiologists aren’t known for effectively balancing risks, which is why anyone suggesting that we needed to listen to just scientists is positively insane. No. We needed to listen to scientists, economists, community leaders of all sorts, educators, social workers, and small business owners so we could come up with a reasonable and appropriate response.

That was our failure as a country.
This is not the reason.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:17 pm People die. We have collectively as a society have decided to engage in a great deal of activities that involve a risk of death - driving, flying, playing sports, eating junk food, cooking our food (we could start a fire), wearing what is essentially plastic on our bodies (fleece, spandex) and much more flammable than natural fibers, swimming in the ocean, skiing, etc.....

The problem with how the pandemic was handled isn’t that we didn’t lock down strong enough or long enough. The problem was that we didn’t take the same risk based approach to Covid that we take with everything else.

Epidemiologists aren’t known for effectively balancing risks, which is why anyone suggesting that we needed to listen to just scientists is positively insane. No. We needed to listen to scientists, economists, community leaders of all sorts, educators, social workers, and small business owners so we could come up with a reasonable and appropriate response.

This is not the reason.
No, people like you are the failure in our society.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:33 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:17 pm People die. We have collectively as a society have decided to engage in a great deal of activities that involve a risk of death - driving, flying, playing sports, eating junk food, cooking our food (we could start a fire), wearing what is essentially plastic on our bodies (fleece, spandex) and much more flammable than natural fibers, swimming in the ocean, skiing, etc.....

No, people like you are the failure in our society.
People can't hide in their houses forever. I keep my circle small and tight. Life does have to keep going somehow.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic