I'm not going to quarantine just because I've been exposed

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:31 pm Just get tested then.
My doctor won't even sign for me to get tested.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SummerDream wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:35 am Go you. I just got off a two week quarantine because some asshole at work was exposed and didn’t tell anybody. Guess what. He’s still out, because he did test positive.
If you leave the house you are exposed period. Anytime you go to the grocery store or to work you are exposed. Unless you quarentine every time you are no different than me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:00 am Selfish, stupid and proud of it. Nice.
Unless you quarantine every time you leave the house you are no different. We are all exposed all the time.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:25 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:31 pm Just get tested then.
My doctor won't even sign for me to get tested.
hmmm. Here anyone can get a test with no Doctor referral needed. No cost. Our state had a peak in April and has gone down and stayed down since then.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:17 am If only we could mark all the people who refuse to quarantine after exposure with warning mark using a dye that lasts 14 days. Then the rest of us would know to stay as far away from them as possible.
When was the last time you left the house? How long did you quarantine for?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:27 am The way you see it is not the way it actually is. You're part of the problem. This is why covid will be around for years. There is no reason not to park your ass at home.
My doctor and my work are not concerned. I don't get to decide to just miss work for 2 weeks because someone else's doctor wants me to. The way I see it is exactly how it is. People are exposed every time they leave their house.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:28 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:17 am If only we could mark all the people who refuse to quarantine after exposure with warning mark using a dye that lasts 14 days. Then the rest of us would know to stay as far away from them as possible.
I leave the house a few times a week, but I don't go anywhere with crowds or anyplace I can't socially distance. I always wear a mask when off my own property. And if I was told I was exposed to a known positive person I would quarantine.

When our 15 year old was told he had been around a friend who had to quarantine (due to friend's exposure to a positive case) he quarantined as well. Stayed in a separate area of the house, wore his mask in the house if anyone else came in the room, used a separate bathroom. He did not leave the house until the person he was in direct contact with had a negative test result.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:28 pm
I leave the house a few times a week, but I don't go anywhere with crowds or anyplace I can't socially distance. I always wear a mask when off my own property. And if I was told I was exposed to a known positive person I would quarantine.

When our 15 year old was told he had been around a friend who had to quarantine (due to friend's exposure to a positive case) he quarantined as well. Stayed in a separate area of the house, wore his mask in the house if anyone else came in the room, used a separate bathroom. He did not leave the house until the person he was in direct contact with had a negative test result.
I was wearing a mask and social distancing. I was grocery shopping (they don't have delivery or pick up). I saw a friend and said hi from over 6 feet away. That alone is why they want me to quarantine. You are exposed every time you go out. You can pretend that isn't true but it is. So many people have this.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:27 pm
jas wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:00 am Selfish, stupid and proud of it. Nice.
Unless you quarantine every time you leave the house you are no different. We are all exposed all the time.
There's a huge difference between known and unknown. And no, I don't come into contact with anyone.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hear these dumb argument so often. Why do you think it’s all or nothing? Sure, people who have to go out take a risk of exposure. Hopefully they’re taking measures to minimize that risk. DH goes to work. The way he does it and the measures he has taken at his job make exposure a minimal risk. But yes, still a risk. If he learned that someone he had contact with was sick, he would quarantine. Because then it’s a certainty that he was exposed, not a possibility.
Seriously this all-or-nothing attitude is so stupid. Just because you can’t don100% that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do anything then because what’s the point?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:27 pm
SummerDream wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:35 am Go you. I just got off a two week quarantine because some asshole at work was exposed and didn’t tell anybody. Guess what. He’s still out, because he did test positive.
If you leave the house you are exposed period. Anytime you go to the grocery store or to work you are exposed. Unless you quarentine every time you are no different than me.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic