I'm not going to quarantine just because I've been exposed

Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am not one to speak ill, badly or judge on this site, as my reputation has shown, but if you have COVID-19 and you don't self isolate, you are selfish and part of the problem.

Simple as that!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:03 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:53 am
agander2017 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:24 am

If you've been exposed, you need to call your employer, and tell them that you've been exposed. That's what my husband did. No company is going to want you there possibly infecting everyone. She knows right now that she has been exposed. She needs to quarantine just in case.
I called my work and let hem know. They are not concerned. My doctor also said there was no reason to quarantine or even get tested as I have no symptoms and they are only testing those who are probable positives.
This right here makes me think you're a troll. You were exposed to it. You don't have to have symptoms. My friend didn't have symptoms. She is a nurse, and they tested her at work before she started her shift. No doctor is going to tell you to not get tested under those circumstances. You can have it, and not know it. As soon as I found out my friend was positive, I called my doctor and she scheduled a test. She told me other than getting tested, I needed to stay in my home until I got the results back. I don't have any symptoms.
I'm low risk and the exposure was low risk. What do you think the masks and social distancing are for? Do you really think every single person who is exposed is just going to quarantine? What about those who work with the general public and are exposed every day? Who do you expect to work in hospitals where everyone is exposed?

Right now to get tested you have to have symptoms. They are overwhelmed with tests and only people who need tests are getting them. Stop pretending like you know how everywhere is testing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:04 am I am not one to speak ill, badly or judge on this site, as my reputation has shown, but if you have COVID-19 and you don't self isolate, you are selfish and part of the problem.

Simple as that!
I have no reason to believe I have Covid 19
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:08 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:04 am I am not one to speak ill, badly or judge on this site, as my reputation has shown, but if you have COVID-19 and you don't self isolate, you are selfish and part of the problem.

Simple as that!
I have no reason to believe I have Covid 19
"You" as in anyone who has been tested positive. I suppose my use of pronouns was not accurate.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:24 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:54 pm
agander2017 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:03 am I had a friend that tested positive last week. As soon as I found out, I cancelled plans that I made, and went in for a test. I'm quarantining at home, because if I do have it (Haven't got the test results yet) then I don't want to pass it on to someone else. If I don't have it, big deal. I can reschedule things that were planned. I don't need to go out to dinner, or to get something to eat. I don't need to do anything. I made sure we always had enough food and supplies in the house for at least 2 weeks. Just in case. Now, had my friend not tested positive, I probably would be doing what I normally do. Since I was around her right before she tested positive, I don't feel safe going out in public.

You have problems, and clearly don't care about anyone else.
None of what you said addresses people who work outside the home.
If you've been exposed, you need to call your employer, and tell them that you've been exposed. That's what my husband did. No company is going to want you there possibly infecting everyone. She knows right now that she has been exposed. She needs to quarantine just in case.
Like I said to OP, if I knew I was directly exposed I would tell my boss and let him decide. But I'm fairly certain if I had no symptoms he would want me to come in. We are a small office. Three of us total. And work still has to get done.

A couple weeks ago a client informed us that he and his two workers tested positive. I thought back from when we found out and it had been a good two or three weeks since any of them had been in our office. So we carried on as normal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic