Living in an at will state doesn't mean everyone has at will employment.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The new manager my work just hired is grossly incompetent. She tried to change around my entire work schedule and make me work nights and weekends. She threatened me saying that it is an at will state and my employment is at will

I told her that my employment contract says otherwise and she might want to do some research. The other managers hate her and I dont think she will last long. Being an at will state doesnt mean you cant also have employment contracts. I have one and it protects me from her BS
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Typical power trip manger post, nothing to see here.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I had a manager like that. She tried to say if I couldn't work outside the availability I was hired under she couldn't schedule me. She was terminated from the company for pulling that and other bullshit on employees.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have a yearly contract and live in at will state. It’s not unheard of.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

"Living in an at will state doesn't mean everyone has at will employment"...You may be right. But if your incompetent boss doesn't realize that and she fires you for not showing up when she's scheduled you, doesn't that still pose a great imposition on you? I mean, it's not like you can just keep showing up to work. This could turn into a shit show real quick. You may end up having to sue. I hope you eat your Wheaties daily.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:35 pm The new manager my work just hired is grossly incompetent. She tried to change around my entire work schedule and make me work nights and weekends. She threatened me saying that it is an at will state and my employment is at will

I told her that my employment contract says otherwise and she might want to do some research. The other managers hate her and I dont think she will last long. Being an at will state doesnt mean you cant also have employment contracts. I have one and it protects me from her BS
Anonymous 4

Unread post

If you lose your job you can get unemployment plus the additional $400 a week. You should be fine.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Am I the only one here that has a typical 9-5 schedule that never changes or what? I feel left out.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It's just you and me, Pjmm! :lol:
Pjmm wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:46 pm Am I the only one here that has a typical 9-5 schedule that never changes or what? I feel left out.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

She could try to fire me but it wouldn't work. I'd just call her boss and have him handle the situation.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:42 pm "Living in an at will state doesn't mean everyone has at will employment"...You may be right. But if your incompetent boss doesn't realize that and she fires you for not showing up when she's scheduled you, doesn't that still pose a great imposition on you? I mean, it's not like you can just keep showing up to work. This could turn into a shit show real quick. You may end up having to sue. I hope you eat your Wheaties daily.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:35 pm The new manager my work just hired is grossly incompetent. She tried to change around my entire work schedule and make me work nights and weekends. She threatened me saying that it is an at will state and my employment is at will

Anonymous 3

Unread post

It sounds like you've got this then! :)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:52 pm She could try to fire me but it wouldn't work. I'd just call her boss and have him handle the situation.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:42 pm "Living in an at will state doesn't mean everyone has at will employment"...You may be right. But if your incompetent boss doesn't realize that and she fires you for not showing up when she's scheduled you, doesn't that still pose a great imposition on you? I mean, it's not like you can just keep showing up to work. This could turn into a shit show real quick. You may end up having to sue. I hope you eat your Wheaties daily.

Locked Previous topicNext topic