f**k Elvis

Anonymous 4

Unread post

nah I'm good
Anonymous 5

Unread post

There. I made the statement a little less racist for ya.

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:05 pm He also stole music from black musicians and passed it as his own.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My grandmother married my grandfather when she was 16. My grandfather was 24. Back then I think that was just how life was. People got married young, and nobody batted an eye.

There is a huge difference between dating, and raping. R.Kelly is disgusting.

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:37 pm There. I made the statement a little less racist for ya.

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:05 pm He also stole music from black musicians and passed it as his own.
I'm not sure if it's racist. Some say Elvis stole music and others say by playing African American music he gave them an audience and showed it was worth something. He was also humbled saying he couldn't sing like Fats Domino. For the time he was probably open to all kinds of music. https://www.newsweek.com/elvis-presley- ... 1911?amp=1.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not the same. Elvis never raped Pricilla and according to her they didn't have S*x until they married. She was 18 then.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I honestly don't know whether or not Elvis stole other musician's music. Nothing would surprise me. But I had never heard that. I have heard it said that he mimicked black singers. I can definitely see that. I will also say there was a lot of wonderfully talented black singers during that time. I still love listening to that music today!

Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:20 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:37 pm There. I made the statement a little less racist for ya.

I'm not sure if it's racist. Some say Elvis stole music and others say by playing African American music he gave them an audience and showed it was worth something. He was also humbled saying he couldn't sing like Fats Domingo. For the time he was probably open to all kinds of music. https://www.newsweek.com/elvis-presley- ... 1911?amp=1.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am sure I'm supposed to feel some kind of way about Elvis, based on this post, but I don't. I will never forgive him for introducing us to peanut butter and banana sammiches. My brother ate them, ew!
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I'm not sure if it's racist. Some say Elvis stole music and others say by playing African American music he gave them an audience and showed it was worth something. He was also humbled saying he couldn't sing like Fats Domingo. For the time he was probably open to all kinds of music. https://www.newsweek.com/elvis-presley- ... 1911?amp=1.

Fats Domingo? Lol. Don't even try to tell me thats an autocorrect mistake.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:00 pm

Lol I was standing outside in an extremely hot parking lot because ds" dentist wouldn't let anyone inside with him. And I missed it. Fats Domino.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:15 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:00 pm

Lol I was standing outside in an extremely hot parking lot because ds" dentist wouldn't let anyone inside with him. And I missed it. Fats Domino.

I was just thinking, that gives him a completely different ethnic background! 😂
Locked Previous topicNext topic