f**k Elvis

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:37 pm There. I made the statement a little less racist for ya.

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:05 pm He also stole music from black musicians and passed it as his own.
And what is racist about it?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:05 pm He also stole music from black musicians and passed it as his own.
It wasn't as blatant as you make it.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:52 pm My grandmother married my grandfather when she was 16. My grandfather was 24. Back then I think that was just how life was. People got married young, and nobody batted an eye.

There is a huge difference between dating, and raping. R.Kelly is disgusting.
My grandma was 17 or 18 when she married grandpa. He was 32. 50 years of wedded bliss.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:11 pm
carterscutie85 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:07 pm

I am guessing that was pretty commonplace. It wasn't just Elvis.
He was a pioneer of it,that's how he became famous.And not being the only one doesn't make it right.
You're so woke! Such a social justice warrior! Thank God you're here to critique everything always! Can you find something else that offends you about him or another group that he wronged that's completely off topic to the post? Please?
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:37 pm There. I made the statement a little less racist for ya.

Stating a truth is not racist. Music being stolen from white musicians back then was not as common as stealing it from black artists.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:52 pm My grandmother married my grandfather when she was 16. My grandfather was 24. Back then I think that was just how life was. People got married young, and nobody batted an eye.

There is a huge difference between dating, and raping. R.Kelly is disgusting.
My great grandma married at 14(not sure how old my great grandpa was i never met him)... She was born in 1910 and then that's just what you did. She married young and worked on the farm. That women could call the hogs to eat like no one's business hahahaha
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Oh stop, no he didn’t. Black people are not the only ones who had ever played a guitar before. Drums in the song? Must have stolen that too. Or wait, was it that black people were the only ones who shook their hips before him...
Anonymous 8

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:14 am

Stating a truth is not racist. Music being stolen from white musicians back then was not as common as stealing it from black artists.
“Stolen music” means someone took your song and then passed it off as their own.

If you decide to play the flute in your song that is a little faster paced, that doesn’t bar anyone else from ever using a flute without that meaning they stole your shit.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:55 am

“Stolen music” means someone took your song and then passed it off as their own.

If you decide to play the flute in your song that is a little faster paced, that doesn’t bar anyone else from ever using a flute without that meaning they stole your shit.
Not talking about that at all... Im talking about actual songs. 🙄
Anonymous 8

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:23 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:55 am

Not talking about that at all... Im talking about actual songs. 🙄
Mhm. And I’m sure you considered it stealing when he recorded Hound Dog due to the fact that he was sold the rights to sing it BY THE SONGWRITER... because it had been sung before by Big Mama Thornton, right?

Damn those evil white people again.

Are we going to call out Whitney Houston for stealing Dolly Parton’s song? Or is this another sin that only white people can commit?
Locked Previous topicNext topic