I got paid $70 an hour to sit on my ass and watch Grey's anatomy for 12 hours.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

It was the easiest job I have ever had. I work for a float pool where I work at different facilities if I want some extra hours. The job was in an assisted living facility and they needed a RN on site to oversee everyone.

I took the job thinking I would probably be busy all night doing something even if it was just bandages or blood sugar checks. That didn't happen at all. I just needed to be there as a formality. The LPNs and QMAPs did everything. I did offer help to everyone but they said it was fine and slow night. They have one resident who has Covid 19 and so the float pool pays me time and a half automatically.

I just sat at the nurses station or on a stationary bike watching Netflix. It was almost horrible just doing nothing all night. I would definitely take another job there again.

It is a gamble though because if something had gone wrong I would be the one to deal with it. I have heard horror stories about what has happened in various assisted living facilities.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I work as a caregiver. I had a client last weekend that just needed someone to sit with her while her family went out. When I got there, I sat in a chair beside her and talked to her. Her daughter and her boyfriend proceeded to go into the kitchen and have very loud S*x. The apartment was about 600 square foot. I was extremely uncomfortable. I’m leery of these easy jobs lol.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:14 am I work as a caregiver. I had a client last weekend that just needed someone to sit with her while her family went out. When I got there, I sat in a chair beside her and talked to her. Her daughter and her boyfriend proceeded to go into the kitchen and have very loud S*x. The apartment was about 600 square foot. I was extremely uncomfortable. I’m leery of these easy jobs lol.
I would have literally walked in there and been like, um, we can hear you, you're in a kitchen, this is not appropriate
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:50 am
mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:14 am I work as a caregiver. I had a client last weekend that just needed someone to sit with her while her family went out. When I got there, I sat in a chair beside her and talked to her. Her daughter and her boyfriend proceeded to go into the kitchen and have very loud S*x. The apartment was about 600 square foot. I was extremely uncomfortable. I’m leery of these easy jobs lol.
I would have literally walked in there and been like, um, we can hear you, you're in a kitchen, this is not appropriate
I guess I should have. Put in that situation, I don't always think on my feet like that. I asked my client if everything was ok (I knew what was going on) and she said that she didn't know what they are doing. They do that all the time. Sometimes he hollers like that and sometimes it's her. I was like umm...eew
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That’s dd’s job at the nursing home she works for. Unfortunately, it’s doesn’t pay $70 an hour for her with it being her regular job.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:56 am
I guess I should have. Put in that situation, I don't always think on my feet like that. I asked my client if everything was ok (I knew what was going on) and she said that she didn't know what they are doing. They do that all the time. Sometimes he hollers like that and sometimes it's her. I was like umm...eew
Oh my gosh! I’m not sure I would have been able to say anything either!
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

:twisted:
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:09 am
mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:56 am

Oh my gosh! I’m not sure I would have been able to say anything either!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh goodness! How horrifying.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:51 am
Oh goodness! How horrifying.
To say the least
Locked Previous topicNext topic