I don't love my step kids

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I like them as people and I enjoy spending time with them but I don't love them. Maybe one day I will get there but who knows. I treat them with kindness and respect. I help them when needed. I'll do anything for them but I don't actually love them.

That is my confession.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That’s okay, no one can fault you for that. You can’t force that feeling.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't think anyone would blame you for that. Love is not instantaneous in these situations. It takes time. If you like them and enjoy them now, then it will likely grow to caring about them and then eventually grow to loving them. Especially if they show you kindness and respect in return.

Don't sweat it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Meh, as long as you don’t tell them that, it’s close enough.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Strangely, I have love for my step daughter. But I don't like her as a person. She's a mean spirited person who, over the years, has sucked the life out of me.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 pm I like them as people and I enjoy spending time with them but I don't love them. Maybe one day I will get there but who knows. I treat them with kindness and respect. I help them when needed. I'll do anything for them but I don't actually love them.

That is my confession.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I didn't love my exes dd.

It's all good.
I shit glitter
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

How long have they been your step kids? If it’s recent and you don’t see them often , that’s understandable. As long as you don’t treat them poorly
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I don't know if you'd call it love but I care for mine and would kill anyone who messed with them. But I definitely don't feel the same way that I do about my kids.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How old are your step kids and how long have you been in their lives?
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can't fathom marrying a man with children who I didn't love. How sad for everyone.
Locked Previous topicNext topic