What would you do if you had a 10 year old dealing with depression because of isolation?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What about girl/ boy scouts? Our boy scout troop is back to live meetings. And we accept girls although there's no interest yet.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I am over 55 and bored with isolation too!!! Nothing to do...no one to do it with...no one to talk to...
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What we've done - they can talk to their friends on the phone or online, we go outside, go on drives, go on walks, even meet up with a friend outside to ride bicycles or play without being close to each other. We don't take no for an answer, everyone gets up and moves around for a while.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have been taking the kids for day trips to new parks, hikes to waterfalls, kayak rides, etc. to get out of the house and have a change of scene. Some times we meet a friend there, and stay apart but they can see each other.

A lot of people I know have gotten dogs for their kids for the companionship, exercise and affection.

We also bought a lot of new craft projects we do together, and baking supplies.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would call her friends parents and schedule a small get together with a few of them. Have at home
Pedicures and nail day. Or have a back yard bbq.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Talk with the parents of her 4 school friends and see if any are willing to meet up. Yes Covid is serious but being able to meet with some of her friends even outside wearing masks should be fine. It's unrealistic to expect ALL socialization to completely stop (not even the CDC says "STOP" everything) just minimize the number and practice hand washing and social distancing guidelines where you can. The idea is to take precautions to minimize the risk and potential spread, not stop life altogether..
Locked Previous topicNext topic