Do you love your kids unconditionally?

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:31 am
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:54 pm I will always love my girls. I might be disappointed in their life choices, or even angry, but I will always love them.
Totally! I would like to think all parents think like us, but sadly that is not true.
Middle dd challenges me almost daily with her choices. There’s nothing she could do that could ever make me not love her; there’s plenty that she does that makes me not like her that much.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:23 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:08 am
mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:06 am

There’s nothing wrong with my brain. I’m a strong, intelligent, compassionate woman who has lived through a unimaginable traumatic situation. I’ve also raised 3 functional, intelligent, and wonderfully adapted kids. A person who lived through what I have and can do that is far from broken. You can assume what you please; your opinion matters very little to me.
You can have a broken brain and still be those things. If you weren't broken you wouldn't have DID. You can deny that but science proves you wrong.
Are you actually trying to sound intelligent by saying “science” would agree that someone has a “broken brain”?

Are you 12 years old and new to this whole “ being offensive “ game?

Sit down child, your time will come to play with the big kids, but it’s not today.
Broken means not working correctly. If her brain was working correctly she wouldn't have a disorder.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41 am

You can have a broken brain and still be those things. If you weren't broken you wouldn't have DID. You can deny that but science proves you wrong.
Are you actually trying to sound intelligent by saying “science” would agree that someone has a “broken brain”?

Sit down child, your time will come to play with the big kids, but it’s not today.
Broken means not working correctly. If her brain was working correctly she wouldn't have a disorder.

Now, I believe you are the one who is broken. You seem to know a lot about something that you obviously know nothing about. I’m through discussing it with you. Your complete ignorance astounds me.

Ps. Broken means not functional. It also means in pieces. I’m not in pieces. My parts work perfectly together. I’m fully functional. Your parts work perfectly together too. You have parts. It’s a fact that everyone has parts.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41 am

Accusing someone of having a “broken brain” makes you sound like you got your medical degree at Doc McStuffins university.

Stop acting like you can talk to people about their mental state with any kind of insight. You can’t.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:01 am
mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:34 am

Thank you. I don’t know what I did to anon 2, but she is forever following me around exclaiming things that are simply not true. I’m not messed up in the head; I just hate posts where people talk about their abusive parents. It makes me sad for the poster and the others that post in it. It amazes how the op and others would take that as messed up instead of realizing I hate this type of post because of my compassion and my complete and utter ability to relate. I don’t have to detail my own circumstances to do that, and I don’t deserve to be attacked for it. I guess that regardless of what I say in these types of posts they’ll find a way to try and bring me down. I didn’t even say anything bad or distressing and they still attacked me. Sigh whatever I guess. I appreciate those who get it. Hugs back to you.
This is the first time I have ever said anything about you. Your brain is broken you can deny it but that doesn't change facts.
There’s nothing wrong with my brain. I’m a strong, intelligent, compassionate woman who has lived through a unimaginable traumatic situation. I’ve also raised 3 functional, intelligent, and wonderfully adapted kids. A person who lived through what I have and can do that is far from broken. You can assume what you please; your opinion matters very little to me.
Your brain doesn't work correctly. That's what DID means. I went through the same type of trauma as you did and I don't have DID.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:45 am

This is the first time I have ever said anything about you. Your brain is broken you can deny it but that doesn't change facts.
Your brain doesn't work correctly. That's what DID means. I went through the same type of trauma as you did and I don't have DID.

You coped your way; I coped mine. My way is no more broken than yours is. You’ve no idea what I’ve been through as I’ve no idea what you’ve been through. ANY trauma affects people. Some people go through their life denying any existence of a problem and those people usually feel the need to bring others down. I hope I’m wrong but by the sounds of it, you’re one of those people. Be blessed; do some research, and get help. Grow some compassion and move on.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Psst...second paragraph under the introduction.

https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/xmlui/ ... sequence=5
Anonymous 2

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:51 am

Does your brain work correctly or do you have a disorder?

Btw one of the most intelligent people I know is schizophrenic. Doesn't mean her brain is working correctly either.

I'm not sure why you are thinking that I am saying you are unintelligent or anything along those lines. I haven't even implied that.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:57 am

Btw one of the most intelligent people I know is schizophrenic. Doesn't mean her brain is working correctly either.

I'm not sure why you are thinking that I am saying you are unintelligent or anything along those lines. I haven't even implied that.

If you think saying someone is fucked in the head or that their brain is “broken” is in any way appropriate, then I would suggest you get therapy or help for your issues. Compassion can’t be taught.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:57 am

Yes, her brain is working correctly. Disassociation is a protection that evolution has given us. It is observed in multiple species and has biological benefits.
Locked Previous topicNext topic