Do you love your kids unconditionally?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:23 pm
mater-three wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm I hate posts like this.
Uh, ok? Feel free to not read or reply.
Don't let her bother you. She is as fucked up in the head as you can get.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:06 pm

I could say the same about you. We each made a choice and we were both free to follow through with that choice.
Wtf lol. I don’t get what your issue is.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:07 pm
Yeah, I’m more than a little confused to say the least!! :roll:
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:01 pm I can't imagine how that must have made you feel. I would imagine it might cause a kid to feel very insecure...and maybe even unsafe. I'm sorry you experienced that. I'm glad you at least now realize that it wasn't YOU. It was them. Are your parents still living? Have you ever told them how you feel about them having said that?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:33 pm "Dear Child, we certainly will not love you unconditionally." That hurts my EARS, let alone my heart.

It was very difficult for me to come to terms with as a kid and extremely hurtful. I couldn’t understand what I had done that was so horrible that my parents would say such a thing. I have since realized they were the problem, not me.
Thank you. I felt like no one would love me if even my own parents couldn’t. It was not a fun feeling growing up. They are still living. They don’t feel bad for having said that and still stand by it. That’s just the kind of people they are, unfortunately. Just one of the reasons why I have limited contact with them. They also made a big point to not say “I love you” and they said I could just figure it out by their actions (feeding me, clothing me, etc.) I make it a point to always tell my kids I love them because I hated how they never did.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:03 pm What a sad situation. My heart goes out to that mom, too.

A little off topic: I love the ID Channel!
WickedPissah wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:37 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:15 pm Good point! I've often wondered about that, too. I can't even imagine how a mother deals with that.

I just re-read the article after the sister was paroled her mother has reconciled per 2012 but has not forgiven her. Family members think she should have gotten life. The boyfriend got life without parole.

My heart goes out to that mother.
I love it too :)
I shit glitter
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:13 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:03 pm What a sad situation. My heart goes out to that mom, too.

WickedPissah wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:37 pm
I just re-read the article after the sister was paroled her mother has reconciled per 2012 but has not forgiven her. Family members think she should have gotten life. The boyfriend got life without parole.

My heart goes out to that mother.
Me three! It’s on every night at our house.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The one saving grace is that you didn't follow in their footsteps. In fact, you did one better. You made sure that your kids know how much they are loved.

I'm sure your parents love you, though. I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to be around them much, though. If they are the same as they were when you were young, I'd be sure that my kids maintain a safe distance from them. And if your parents ever are bold enough to ask you why you and the kids aren't around them often, I might be sure to tell them, "I don't feel good around you" or "You aren't a joy to be around."
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:11 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:01 pm I can't imagine how that must have made you feel. I would imagine it might cause a kid to feel very insecure...and maybe even unsafe. I'm sorry you experienced that. I'm glad you at least now realize that it wasn't YOU. It was them. Are your parents still living? Have you ever told them how you feel about them having said that?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm

It was very difficult for me to come to terms with as a kid and extremely hurtful. I couldn’t understand what I had done that was so horrible that my parents would say such a thing. I have since realized they were the problem, not me.
Thank you. I felt like no one would love me if even my own parents couldn’t. It was not a fun feeling growing up. They are still living. They don’t feel bad for having said that and still stand by it. That’s just the kind of people they are, unfortunately. Just one of the reasons why I have limited contact with them. They also made a big point to not say “I love you” and they said I could just figure it out by their actions (feeding me, clothing me, etc.) I make it a point to always tell my kids I love them because I hated how they never did.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

And I'm always looking for stuff like that on Netflix, too. Right now, I'm watching The Cold Case Files. :)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:16 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:13 pm

Me three! It’s on every night at our house.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:06 pm

I could say the same about you. We each made a choice and we were both free to follow through with that choice.
I am giving you a hug even though you can’t feel it. I remember why you would hate a post like this, but remember how strong you are. You should feel extremely proud of yourself.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:09 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:07 pm

Yeah, I’m more than a little confused to say the least!! :roll:
She’s a good person. She would hate posts like this for reasons that have nothing to do with you, but I would ask for compassion even if you don’t get an explanation.

I’m sorry for everything that you have both gone through.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic