Do you love your kids unconditionally?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm I hate posts like this.
Uh, ok? Feel free to not read or reply.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:33 pm "Dear Child, we certainly will not love you unconditionally." That hurts my EARS, let alone my heart.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm Growing up, my parents always told me that there was no such thing as unconditional love, and that they certainly did NOT love me unconditionally.

I can understand distancing yourself from your grown kids if they do something egregious like steal money from your home, become drug addicts who refuse to get help and are unhealthy to be around, go to prison for rape or murder, physically or sexually abuse their sibling, etc. I don’t think you really stop loving them though.

Despite what my kids did, I would always love them. What about you?
It was very difficult for me to come to terms with as a kid and extremely hurtful. I couldn’t understand what I had done that was so horrible that my parents would say such a thing. I have since realized they were the problem, not me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:07 pm No I don't put strings on my love. Parents are supposed to love their kids unconditionally. If you cannot, then you should not be a parent.
That’s what I always told my parents, and they always told me unconditional love doesn’t exist and that there’s no such thing. Keep in mind, I didn’t do anything bad as a teenager other than lie to them about my whereabouts and have a boyfriend they disapproved of. I went to a good college and was a straight A student, never slept around or did drugs, etc. They acted like I was somehow the Devil. Lol
I'm sorry. I would limit their access to my kids if I were you.
Thank you. It is just one of the many reasons we do not see them much. I keep them at a distance from my kids.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:15 pm Good point! I've often wondered about that, too. I can't even imagine how a mother deals with that.
WickedPissah wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm I always wonder about parents where one of their kids killed their sibling. That happened where I grew up they did a show about it on twisted sister on the ID channel.

I always wonder about the mom of the sisters and how that is.
I just re-read the article after the sister was paroled her mother has reconciled per 2012 but has not forgiven her. Family members think she should have gotten life. The boyfriend got life without parole.

My heart goes out to that mother.
I shit glitter
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wow, that’s terrible. I can’t begin to imagine. I stand by what I said: I would love my child because that’s out of my control. But that would actually just make it so much harder and more painful.
WickedPissah wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm I always wonder about parents where one of their kids killed their sibling. That happened where I grew up they did a show about it on twisted sister on the ID channel.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love my children so unconditionally I would become evil to protect them.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I will always love my girls more than anything, even if I don’t approve of decisions they make. My love for them is unconditional.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I can't imagine how that must have made you feel. I would imagine it might cause a kid to feel very insecure...and maybe even unsafe. I'm sorry you experienced that. I'm glad you at least now realize that it wasn't YOU. It was them. Are your parents still living? Have you ever told them how you feel about them having said that?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:33 pm "Dear Child, we certainly will not love you unconditionally." That hurts my EARS, let alone my heart.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm Growing up, my parents always told me that there was no such thing as unconditional love, and that they certainly did NOT love me unconditionally.

I can understand distancing yourself from your grown kids if they do something egregious like steal money from your home, become drug addicts who refuse to get help and are unhealthy to be around, go to prison for rape or murder, physically or sexually abuse their sibling, etc. I don’t think you really stop loving them though.

Despite what my kids did, I would always love them. What about you?
It was very difficult for me to come to terms with as a kid and extremely hurtful. I couldn’t understand what I had done that was so horrible that my parents would say such a thing. I have since realized they were the problem, not me.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

What a sad situation. My heart goes out to that mom, too.

A little off topic: I love the ID Channel!
WickedPissah wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:37 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:15 pm Good point! I've often wondered about that, too. I can't even imagine how a mother deals with that.

I just re-read the article after the sister was paroled her mother has reconciled per 2012 but has not forgiven her. Family members think she should have gotten life. The boyfriend got life without parole.

My heart goes out to that mother.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:23 pm
mater-three wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm I hate posts like this.
Uh, ok? Feel free to not read or reply.

I could say the same about you. We each made a choice and we were both free to follow through with that choice.
Locked Previous topicNext topic