Do you love your kids unconditionally?

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think they confused love with acceptance and support. It’s not the same thing. I can’t imagine telling my kids that my love depends on them doing what I approve of. It’s so sad.
But I understand the idea of unconditional love may be intimidating for some people.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:07 pm No I don't put strings on my love. Parents are supposed to love their kids unconditionally. If you cannot, then you should not be a parent.
That’s what I always told my parents, and they always told me unconditional love doesn’t exist and that there’s no such thing. Keep in mind, I didn’t do anything bad as a teenager other than lie to them about my whereabouts and have a boyfriend they disapproved of. I went to a good college and was a straight A student, never slept around or did drugs, etc. They acted like I was somehow the Devil. Lol
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My love for my children is unconditional. My support is not. I will always love them 100%, but that does not mean I have to approve of or support their choices or decisions as they get older.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:10 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:07 pm No I don't put strings on my love. Parents are supposed to love their kids unconditionally. If you cannot, then you should not be a parent.
That’s what I always told my parents, and they always told me unconditional love doesn’t exist and that there’s no such thing. Keep in mind, I didn’t do anything bad as a teenager other than lie to them about my whereabouts and have a boyfriend they disapproved of. I went to a good college and was a straight A student, never slept around or did drugs, etc. They acted like I was somehow the Devil. Lol
I'm sorry. I would limit their access to my kids if I were you.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I hate posts like this.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As I have told my boys--I will love you ALWAYS. I may not LIKE what you do, but NOTHING will ever change the fact that I am your mother, and I will always love you. Hell, even a serial killer has a mom....
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, I love my kid unconditionally.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

i will always love my kids. no matter what they do. I might hate what they have done or acted but no matter what, I will always love them
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I always wonder about parents where one of their kids killed their sibling. That happened where I grew up they did a show about it on twisted sister on the ID channel.

I always wonder about the mom of the sisters and how that is.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Good point! I've often wondered about that, too. I can't even imagine how a mother deals with that.
WickedPissah wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:11 pm I always wonder about parents where one of their kids killed their sibling. That happened where I grew up they did a show about it on twisted sister on the ID channel.

I always wonder about the mom of the sisters and how that is.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Love doesn't have a switch. It just doesn't work that way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic