Do you love your kids unconditionally?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Growing up, my parents always told me that there was no such thing as unconditional love, and that they certainly did NOT love me unconditionally.

I can understand distancing yourself from your grown kids if they do something egregious like steal money from your home, become drug addicts who refuse to get help and are unhealthy to be around, go to prison for rape or murder, physically or sexually abuse their sibling, etc. I don’t think you really stop loving them though.

Despite what my kids did, I would always love them. What about you?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, my love is unconditional. I will always love my kids regardless of what they do.
My approval and support, though, that’s not unconditional. If they do something that I think is wrong or that harms them or others, I cannot condone it and support it, but it will be very painful for me because I would still love them.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I will always love my girls. I might be disappointed in their life choices, or even angry, but I will always love them.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm Growing up, my parents always told me that there was no such thing as unconditional love, and that they certainly did NOT love me unconditionally.

I can understand distancing yourself from your grown kids if they do something egregious like steal money from your home, become drug addicts who refuse to get help and are unhealthy to be around, go to prison for rape or murder, physically or sexually abuse their sibling, etc. I don’t think you really stop loving them though.

Like you said, still love them no matter what. But I can see situations where I may have to distance myself from them depending on what it is they did/are doing.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I always told mine that I will always love them, but that doesn’t mean I will always like them or condone bad behavior, there are limits to my tolerance, not my love.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No I don't put strings on my love. Parents are supposed to love their kids unconditionally. If you cannot, then you should not be a parent.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:07 pm No I don't put strings on my love. Parents are supposed to love their kids unconditionally. If you cannot, then you should not be a parent.
That’s what I always told my parents, and they always told me unconditional love doesn’t exist and that there’s no such thing. Keep in mind, I didn’t do anything bad as a teenager other than lie to them about my whereabouts and have a boyfriend they disapproved of. I went to a good college and was a straight A student, never slept around or did drugs, etc. They acted like I was somehow the Devil. Lol
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yes
Anonymous 3

Unread post

"Dear Child, we certainly will not love you unconditionally." That hurts my EARS, let alone my heart.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm Growing up, my parents always told me that there was no such thing as unconditional love, and that they certainly did NOT love me unconditionally.

Locked Previous topicNext topic