My kids can't do online school

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 pm I'd connect with one of the kid's friends and pay their parents to let my kid do school at their house with them.
Most of their friends are in a similar situation.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Talk to your work and see if they will allow your children to come and use the WiFi. See if the school can provide packages that you can pick up once a week then return at the end of the week. It sounds like there are a lot of students in your area with this problem, you need to get the parents together and express your concerns to the school. If it is not just your children they school will suggest other options.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:13 am well gollly geeeee whiz.....what do you think parents did back before internet????
Its called networking
It's called kids going to school to learn. Has it been that long that we've forgotten?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:22 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 pm I'd connect with one of the kid's friends and pay their parents to let my kid do school at their house with them.
Most of their friends are in a similar situation.
If this is a common problem in your area, school is going to have to come up with a solution. I can’t imagine why they aren’t doing that. You may need to go over someone’s head.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Honestly, talk to your school administration and if you don't get appropriate answers, the school board. Schools must have contingency plans for students who don't have computers or WiFi even for those students who are planning to return to in person classes (what happens if your child's class is required to quarantine?). While these accommodations may not be ideal (alternate WiFi locations, printed material supplied, etc.) they have to be provided. And all schools have something in place as there are students who cannot attend in person classes every school year.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

An hour away from wifi
Closest neighbor is ten miles
How many kids are in this school?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:02 pm An hour away from wifi
Closest neighbor is ten miles
How many kids are in this school?
I just looked it up.

Population in 2020 of Trolltown High School is zero kids.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is a huge issue that a lot of people really don't understand. I live in a rural area as well. We have two towers for Internet for the whole county of 14,500 people.
Most adults went online for work add in the kids too and well the system can't handle it. My special needs child who struggled online and whose iep wasn't being followed was online for one class for 6 hours a day. I called the school.
Oh just sit I need the school parking lot for wifi. Yeah.
i want candy!
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It seems like you could get the school to download the work on a thumb drive and have your kids do it and upload it to a thumb drive. Then, all you’d have to do is return it to the school. If a lot of people are experiencing this, there has to be a logical answer.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

I would think that if one family is having this problem in this area, others are, too. Notify the school.
Locked Previous topicNext topic