DH is actually angry that I won't homeschool my step kids

Anonymous 2

Unread post

It sounds to me like your husband is making a problem where a problem doesn't exist. If the kids' mom wants to homeschool them and is willing to do it, I can't think of one reason why it would not make sense for her to do that.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:35 pm He says it is unfair because I will be homeschooling DD. I told him there is no comparison. DD is 16 and my step kids are 7 and 8.

DD will be doing just about everything herself. I will mostly be there in case she needs help and to proctor some tests.

My step kids will need someone to sit down with them and help them through most assignments. The reality of the situation, they will need a lot of help and guidance.

DH asked if I would be okay homeschooling them and I told him no. I don't have the time and frankly I just don't want to. If my kids were younger I wouldn't be homeschooling them, I would hire someone to do it for me.

That is what I suggested. Hiring someone to come in and homeschool on our time. It could be a tutor or w college kid or even a SAHM, there are so many options.

Another option is sending them to BMs house during the school days for her to homeschool. She is going to be doing it on her time anyway and she offered. She thinks it would be best for one person to help them with school to provide consistency and I don't disagree with her.

DH is angry. He says that I should be willing to help out and that I am treating my step kids differently. I have already explained to him that he is off base with that thinking but he is still angry. I told him he needs to figure out something else.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think their mom doing it is an excellent idea. I can't imagine why he's bent, unless what a couple of other posters have said is accurate and he feels like he's lacking. Good luck and hope this get peacefully resolved.

For the record, there's no way I'd home school little kids either. I'm in no way qualified and it would be a disservice to their education.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:09 am It's really odd that you wouldn't even do home school with your child if she were as young as your husband's children. That work is a ton easier and if you are the least bit intelligent it's not hard to keep two children engaged in school work. With your attitude, you don't even need to be helping your own daughter, at 16 she shouldn't need your help and probably aren't doing that anyway despite your claims here. Their mother absolutely needs to be the one teaching them.
I don't want to teach anyone. That is okay. DD will need help here and there and that is also okay.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:04 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:24 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:57 pm He feels that he is lacking as a parent because he can’t provide the same as BM.
Eh I'm not sure about that. He provides more just in different ways.
He disproportionately angry that you denied his obviously unreasonable request - something bigger is going on.
He doesn't like BM
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous2.0 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:23 pm Are you a sahm?
I'm working from home.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If their mom is willing to homeschool them, then I don’t see why he should ask you to do it. Why is he looking for a problem where there’s none?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, he liked her enough to have kids with her m, so now he sucks it up.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:14 pm

He disproportionately angry that you denied his obviously unreasonable request - something bigger is going on.
He doesn't like BM
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:14 pm

He doesn't like BM
It must be frustrating for you to have to deal with that.
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:15 pm
Anonymous2.0 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:23 pm Are you a sahm?
I'm working from home.
Well, my theory was that if you were a sahm and his checks pay the bills and allow that, maybe he feels like you owe him that. 😐
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you are already homeschooling your daughter than I can understand his frustration, TBH.
Locked Previous topicNext topic