DH is actually angry that I won't homeschool my step kids

Deleted User 670

Unread post

He's being completely ridiculous. Send the kids home to their mom for homeschooling.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm with you.

He'll have to get over it.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh, yeah. I wouldn't want to either. My 13 and 9 year old were fine doing online stuff, but I basically needed to be there the entire time with my 6 year old. She doesn't know how to navigate the sites and while she can read basic things, she's still very much in the learning stages with reading and writing.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

if you don't feel that you are the person who should home school them, end of that discussion. He will get over it, it's not about him it's about what's best for the children.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

As a homeschooler, I will say that the younger kids definitely take a lot more patience and time to school than an older teen. We are starting year 7 soon and those early years were tough. They are separated by 2 grades and it was tough to teach two different grades at once. It is much easier now that they are finishing up 7th and 9th grades..
There is an option for their mother to homeschool them so I'm not sure why he would be so upset by you not doing it. I see no reason for you to have a 16 year old that you have to monitor on occasion while schooling and devote almost all of your time to two younger kids.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 6

Unread post

It's really odd that you wouldn't even do home school with your child if she were as young as your husband's children. That work is a ton easier and if you are the least bit intelligent it's not hard to keep two children engaged in school work. With your attitude, you don't even need to be helping your own daughter, at 16 she shouldn't need your help and probably aren't doing that anyway despite your claims here. Their mother absolutely needs to be the one teaching them.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

your dh is an idiot
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:24 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:57 pm He feels that he is lacking as a parent because he can’t provide the same as BM.
Eh I'm not sure about that. He provides more just in different ways.
He disproportionately angry that you denied his obviously unreasonable request - something bigger is going on.
Anonymous2.0
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Are you a sahm?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:35 pm He says it is unfair because I will be homeschooling DD. I told him there is no comparison. DD is 16 and my step kids are 7 and 8.

DD will be doing just about everything herself. I will mostly be there in case she needs help and to proctor some tests.

My step kids will need someone to sit down with them and help them through most assignments. The reality of the situation, they will need a lot of help and guidance.

DH asked if I would be okay homeschooling them and I told him no. I don't have the time and frankly I just don't want to. If my kids were younger I wouldn't be homeschooling them, I would hire someone to do it for me.

That is what I suggested. Hiring someone to come in and homeschool on our time. It could be a tutor or w college kid or even a SAHM, there are so many options.

Another option is sending them to BMs house during the school days for her to homeschool. She is going to be doing it on her time anyway and she offered. She thinks it would be best for one person to help them with school to provide consistency and I don't disagree with her.

DH is angry. He says that I should be willing to help out and that I am treating my step kids differently. I have already explained to him that he is off base with that thinking but he is still angry. I told him he needs to figure out something else.
This sounds like the best option to me. Unless there's something we don't know, DH sounds petty to not go along with it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic