What is privilege?

Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm Privilege is when you are a young white male and you get zero jail time for raping an unconscious woman behind a dumpster all because you are "such" a good athlete.

Privilege is not being shot in your own bed while you are asleep because the cops mistook you for someone they already had in custody.

Privilege is not having your neck kneeled on after passing a (what turned out not to be) fake 20 dollar bill.

Privilege is knowing you can drive your car and not be stopped because you are white. Privilege is not worrying about someone stopping your SUV looking for a stolen motorcycle and pinning your family to the ground.

I could go on.
My sister niece was shot 5 times by the police less than a month ago in Florida. She had a gun she was holding at her own head and when they told her to put in down, they said she pointed it toward them and they reacted by shooting her 5 times and killing her. She suffered from drug addiction and mental illness and was terrified of going to jail. Her boyfriend used that against her so everytime they had a fight, he would call the police on her. That's what happened that night. She was a beautiful blonde hair, blue eye white girl. Her privilege did nothing to save her.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:36 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm Privilege is when you are a young white male and you get zero jail time for raping an unconscious woman behind a dumpster all because you are "such" a good athlete.

Privilege is not being shot in your own bed while you are asleep because the cops mistook you for someone they already had in custody.

Privilege is not having your neck kneeled on after passing a (what turned out not to be) fake 20 dollar bill.

Privilege is knowing you can drive your car and not be stopped because you are white. Privilege is not worrying about someone stopping your SUV looking for a stolen motorcycle and pinning your family to the ground.

I could go on.
My sister niece was shot 5 times by the police less than a month ago in Florida. She had a gun she was holding at her own head and when they told her to put in down, they said she pointed it toward them and they reacted by shooting her 5 times and killing her. She suffered from drug addiction and mental illness and was terrified of going to jail. Her boyfriend used that against her so everytime they had a fight, he would call the police on her. That's what happened that night. She was a beautiful blonde hair, blue eye white girl. Her privilege did nothing to save her.
I can't find anything about this shooting in the FDLE database.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I could go on.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Mental illness understanding and outreach is severely lacking in the US and unfortunately many law enforcement agencies do not get the training they need to handle crisis.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:51 am

I could go on.
I can't find anything about this shooting in the FDLE database.
I'm not giving anymore information than what I already did but I can tell you that news report said she was shot once. Her Mother didn't find out about the other 4 until the medical examiner let it slip by accident.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I could go on.
I'm so sorry. Suicide by cop is a thing. But from what you wrote, I don't think she really wanted to die. And cops unwittingly took her life needlessly. Another reason why we need to repeal the 2nd Amendment. Guns should not be so easy to buy.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And a white rapist getting off happened twice. The second time was in NJ, where a judge didn’t want to sentence the rapist because he came from a “good” family. Meanwhile, a black man gets life for stealing gardening shears. White privilege does exist.

I could go on.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And a white rapist getting off happened twice. The second time was in NJ, where a judge didn’t want to sentence the rapist because he came from a “good” family. Meanwhile, a black man gets life for stealing gardening shears. White privilege does exist.

I could go on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic