What is privilege?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:08 pm

Right. And he fostered puppy dogs and the judge had them all put to sleep as punishment. Sorry, drug tests are ordered when drugs are found. Even weed. If there were no drugs found, even a public attorney could have had that stipulation dropped.

And you are absolutely wrong. You do realize the drug test also tested for alcohol, and he was forbidden from drinking while on probation. Heck he couldn’t even sit at the bar at a restaurant.

No drugs in his system. Just alcohol.
So he was caught for alcohol, and tested for alcohol. Shocker.

Where are you going with your last comment? I have tried explaining that being white doesn’t mean you don’t have to face consequences and I gave an example. All along you’ve tried to discredit me and now you come back with this?

And btw yes, I know he’s a low life piece of shit. Thankfully he’s not my problem any longer.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Prosecutors talking about arresting black and Hispanic kids on a Friday so they have to spend the weekend in jail is privilege for kids. And this has happened. Some if yk7 may not want to believe white privileged exists but millions marched with us acknowledging it.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 pm Prosecutors talking about arresting black and Hispanic kids on a Friday so they have to spend the weekend in jail is privilege for kids. And this has happened. Some if yk7 may not want to believe white privileged exists but millions marched with us acknowledging it.
Once again, I’ll give up my white privilege before I give up my pretty privilege, skinny privilege, witty privilege, smart privilege, awesome cook privilege....I can go on and on. Find your F***ing privilege and shut your F***ing mouth.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:00 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:54 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Then he had some serious drugs in his system.

my white husband was pulled over. passed the sobriety test but was still taken to jail, , has about $2000 in fines, 48 hrs in jail and his license suspended for a year. and he wasn't even drunk, all because the cop suspected he was. once again he is white. where is his white privilege.
That sounds like the most inept lawyer on the planet, or this is lies.

Wait, or he refused a breathalizer/ blood test in which case is a guilty verdict anyway.

One of the three, you pick.
he asked for a breathalyzer they told him they don't do them anymore in our state. he didn't lawyer up because we don't have $2000
Anonymous 3

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:20 pm Prosecutors talking about arresting black and Hispanic kids on a Friday so they have to spend the weekend in jail is privilege for kids. And this has happened. Some if yk7 may not want to believe white privileged exists but millions marched with us acknowledging it.
Actually millions of white people haven't marched over supposed white privilege. A small number of idiots who think they are liked when they play woke dumbass have marched and yet are still repeatedly told how wrong they are by the people they are standing with. Many black people have said white privilege does not exist and it's just an excuse for other black people to constantly do nothing or get into trouble and blame someone else when consequences come their way. My white privilege will have me working until I die in bad health, always looked down on because I wasn't born with loads of money or a victim/race card to constantly play. You want my privilege? You can F***ing have it. I'll sit around, do nothing or commit crimes at every turn and blame another race for every bad thing that happens to me now.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:32 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:29 pm White privledge is when a white , rich 21 year old ( this was me by the way ) gets arrested for a DUI and I get treated like a princess by the cops that arrest me, put in my own cell and given a phone to use as often as I wanted, then going to court and getting a few hours of community service, which I never finished but got thanked anyways by the judge who thought I was doing such a great job and then had my case dismissed- - - Vs. My Mexican sister in law who was born in Los Angeles getting arrested for the same thing but an even lower blood alcohol level , checked out for three days to "access" whether or not she was legal while keeping her in custody the whole time and then getting 3 months in jail and 1000 hours of community service.

We are white. My husband was arrested for a dwi and actually needed medical attention. He did not get it. Even when I called the jail and they themselves told me he was bad off.

When he went before the judge he was given 40 hours community service plus 10 thousand dollars in fines. Every month for a year he had to go see a probation officer and pay 60 each time and every other time he had to take a drug test and pay 25 for that.

Again. We’re white.
Are you rich? I've lived life as a rich white girl and a poor white girl and can tell you the difference between the way you're treated is remarkable. Privilege doesn't just have to do with skin colour, especially if you live in an area that's nearly all white (the haves always have to have someone to beat down)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SummerDream wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:46 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:08 pm

Right. And he fostered puppy dogs and the judge had them all put to sleep as punishment. Sorry, drug tests are ordered when drugs are found. Even weed. If there were no drugs found, even a public attorney could have had that stipulation dropped.

And you are absolutely wrong. You do realize the drug test also tested for alcohol, and he was forbidden from drinking while on probation. Heck he couldn’t even sit at the bar at a restaurant.

No drugs in his system. Just alcohol.
Alcohol is a drug. LOL

And you and I both know that’s not what the last person was referring to.

And if you really want to get technical caffeine is also a drug.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:34 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:32 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:29 pm White privledge is when a white , rich 21 year old ( this was me by the way ) gets arrested for a DUI and I get treated like a princess by the cops that arrest me, put in my own cell and given a phone to use as often as I wanted, then going to court and getting a few hours of community service, which I never finished but got thanked anyways by the judge who thought I was doing such a great job and then had my case dismissed- - - Vs. My Mexican sister in law who was born in Los Angeles getting arrested for the same thing but an even lower blood alcohol level , checked out for three days to "access" whether or not she was legal while keeping her in custody the whole time and then getting 3 months in jail and 1000 hours of community service.

We are white. My husband was arrested for a dwi and actually needed medical attention. He did not get it. Even when I called the jail and they themselves told me he was bad off.

When he went before the judge he was given 40 hours community service plus 10 thousand dollars in fines. Every month for a year he had to go see a probation officer and pay 60 each time and every other time he had to take a drug test and pay 25 for that.

Again. We’re white.
Are you rich? I've lived life as a rich white girl and a poor white girl and can tell you the difference between the way you're treated is remarkable. Privilege doesn't just have to do with skin colour, especially if you live in an area that's nearly all white (the haves always have to have someone to beat down)

No, not even close. I’d say we were lower middle class at the time. We had to hire a lawyer and we had to work out a payment plan to pay him.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This will always turn into a racial debate of white privilege BUT, I find wealth means more than anything. The wealthier you are, the less difficult it will be for you no matter what.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Was your sister in law rich too? If not it sounds more like a money privilege(class privilege) than a race thing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic