Anonymous 1

Unread post

Attachments
616F8E1B-16D3-4EC0-ADCC-059B1F18B39E.jpeg
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

🙄 can’t fix stupid. Ignorant af. Someone living in poverty/off government assistance has privilege (based on their skin color, religion, sexuality, gender, etc), but not like that.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I can't say I really disagree
Anonymous 3

Unread post

People love to say that isn't true but I've seen it time and again. It happens all the time.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

White privledge is when a white , rich 21 year old ( this was me by the way ) gets arrested for a DUI and I get treated like a princess by the cops that arrest me, put in my own cell and given a phone to use as often as I wanted, then going to court and getting a few hours of community service, which I never finished but got thanked anyways by the judge who thought I was doing such a great job and then had my case dismissed- - - Vs. My Mexican sister in law who was born in Los Angeles getting arrested for the same thing but an even lower blood alcohol level , checked out for three days to "access" whether or not she was legal while keeping her in custody the whole time and then getting 3 months in jail and 1000 hours of community service.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Its a farce. Its an excuse used by some people to justify their poor choices in life.
The biggest privilege in this country is wealth privilege followed closely to political privilege.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I agree 100%
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:29 pm White privledge is when a white , rich 21 year old ( this was me by the way ) gets arrested for a DUI and I get treated like a princess by the cops that arrest me, put in my own cell and given a phone to use as often as I wanted, then going to court and getting a few hours of community service, which I never finished but got thanked anyways by the judge who thought I was doing such a great job and then had my case dismissed- - - Vs. My Mexican sister in law who was born in Los Angeles getting arrested for the same thing but an even lower blood alcohol level , checked out for three days to "access" whether or not she was legal while keeping her in custody the whole time and then getting 3 months in jail and 1000 hours of community service.
If all whites had that experience I'd be more inclined to agree. Sounds more like rich privilege to me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:29 pm White privledge is when a white , rich 21 year old ( this was me by the way ) gets arrested for a DUI and I get treated like a princess by the cops that arrest me, put in my own cell and given a phone to use as often as I wanted, then going to court and getting a few hours of community service, which I never finished but got thanked anyways by the judge who thought I was doing such a great job and then had my case dismissed- - - Vs. My Mexican sister in law who was born in Los Angeles getting arrested for the same thing but an even lower blood alcohol level , checked out for three days to "access" whether or not she was legal while keeping her in custody the whole time and then getting 3 months in jail and 1000 hours of community service.

We are white. My husband was arrested for a dwi and actually needed medical attention. He did not get it. Even when I called the jail and they themselves told me he was bad off.

When he went before the judge he was given 40 hours community service plus 10 thousand dollars in fines. Every month for a year he had to go see a probation officer and pay 60 each time and every other time he had to take a drug test and pay 25 for that.

Again. We’re white.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't even with that. Because the folks I know in public housing aren't living like kings nor are wearing 200 dollar shoes. They might buy them for their teens in desperation because they're hoping they'll get a basketball or football scholarship since it's their one shot at college. Now perhaps that's foolish but this isn't privilege. To me privilege means I can turn down a second job if it doesn't work out because I make enough at the first job. I'm in college and can devote my time to studies without needing to work a forty hour week. My family pays my phone bill. My bills are paid, I'm not scrounging my next meal or couch diving for spare change to feed my kids. I can afford to do home repairs. I don't need to worry if I lose my job because my family will help me get on my feet again. That's privilege.
Locked Previous topicNext topic