Power Outages!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I’m in the tri-state area where we have 3 million people that are out of power because of yesterday’s storm. It doesn’t bother me because we have a generator, but I really want my internet back 😢😭

Anyone else in the same boat?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm where you are. Just missed us.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:39 pm I’m in the tri-state area where we have 3 million people that are out of power because of yesterday’s storm. It doesn’t bother me because we have a generator, but I really want my internet back 😢😭

Anonymous 3

Unread post

We suffered no damage. Lots of strong winds and torrential rainfall, downed trees in many local areas, 1000's of people without power. This time we missed the worst of it. In previous storms we were not as fortunate.
When we do lose power I miss the internet most of all, my dh misses the television.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My sister is in Sussex county NJ and has no power still. Her basement also flooded. Can't get the water out because the sump pump runs on electric. She wants to cry.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you have power why don’t you have internet? I feel like this is obvious and for some reason I can’t figure it out lol
Anonymous 5

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:29 pm If you have power why don’t you have internet? I feel like this is obvious and for some reason I can’t figure it out lol
Wouldn't the main power...whatever need to be working in the area for it to work for anyone? A generator for one house isn't going to power the area's lines or however that works.

Sorry, that's my clueless, uninformed guess. Maybe you get what I'm saying?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:34 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:29 pm If you have power why don’t you have internet? I feel like this is obvious and for some reason I can’t figure it out lol
Wouldn't the main power...whatever need to be working in the area for it to work for anyone? A generator for one house isn't going to power the area's lines or however that works.

Sorry, that's my clueless, uninformed guess. Maybe you get what I'm saying?
Ahhhhh that would make sense, I’m satellite so it is a little different but I guess if the outage was wide enough we could be in a similar boat.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:39 pm I’m in the tri-state area where we have 3 million people that are out of power because of yesterday’s storm. It doesn’t bother me because we have a generator, but I really want my internet back 😢😭

What tri-state area? My area is called the tri-state area because it's where AZ, NV and CA all meet. But I'm pretty sure that's not what you are talking about.

Just saying "tri-state area" doesn't really indicate anything.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Nope but we will have to deal with power outages likely in October. At least that's when they seem to shut us off.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The actual internet wires were taken out by trees, just like the power lines. My generator can power the house since we have a 500 gallon propane tank buried underground to power the generator. The internet, however, will remain out until the lines are fixed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic