Power Outages!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:34 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:29 pm If you have power why don’t you have internet? I feel like this is obvious and for some reason I can’t figure it out lol
Wouldn't the main power...whatever need to be working in the area for it to work for anyone? A generator for one house isn't going to power the area's lines or however that works.

Sorry, that's my clueless, uninformed guess. Maybe you get what I'm saying?
Internet and power are separate lines, but they often run on the same poles.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

NY, NJ, CT
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:38 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:39 pm I’m in the tri-state area where we have 3 million people that are out of power because of yesterday’s storm. It doesn’t bother me because we have a generator, but I really want my internet back 😢😭

Anyone else in the same boat?
What tri-state area? My area is called the tri-state area because it's where AZ, NV and CA all meet. But I'm pretty sure that's not what you are talking about.

Just saying "tri-state area" doesn't really indicate anything.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Can you not set up a mobile hotspot through your phone?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

The reason why it is taking so long is usually trucks from other areas/states come out to help after a bad storm. But they cannot come now because of the quarantine rule. So you can thank the stupid governors for this rule in the first place but more importantly not exempting them in cases of emergency.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The electric company finished burying everybody's power lines last summer. We have a lot of trees and they're really old so the electric company was spending a lot of money and time restoring power after every storm. We didn't lose any power this time!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:39 pm I’m in the tri-state area where we have 3 million people that are out of power because of yesterday’s storm. It doesn’t bother me because we have a generator, but I really want my internet back 😢😭

That stinks! Hope y'all get power back soon.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:38 pm

What tri-state area? My area is called the tri-state area because it's where AZ, NV and CA all meet. But I'm pretty sure that's not what you are talking about.

Just saying "tri-state area" doesn't really indicate anything.
NY, CT, and NJ
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic