Scar help!

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Last September my son was running and fell and split his head open on the leg of a chair. He had 8 stitches. The scar is minimal compared to what it used to be. It has stopped fading though. Are there any creams or anything other than vitamin E that I could/should put on it? We've been doing straight vitamin E like the doctor told us to do, and sunscreen when he goes outside. I just want to make sure I'm doing all I can to minimize the scar on his forehead. It's right above his left eyebrow, and goes up about 3 inches. :(

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I like these, it helped the scar on my leg a lot
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ScarAway-Sca ... q4QAvD_BwE
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mederma
Bio-oil
Rosehip seed oil
Scar away
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I've heard that coconut oil helps. Don't know how true that is, though. Just throwing it out there.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

It'll fade over the years. I got hit by a car door when I was little and had a scar over my eyebrow. By the time I was an adult it had faded a lot. You can't even see it anymore. There are silicone gel scar pads that you can get at the drugstore. I've never used them though.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Did you consult a cosmetic surgeon at the time of the injury?
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Time and it will fade, that’s the plus to being young is that most scars heal and are barely noticeable after a year or two, and don’t mess with it to much cause you could make it worse.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thanks everyone! It has faded, but I wasn't sure if I should try something else, or just let it go and keep doing what I am doing. Thank you all for the tips.

Anon 2, no, I didn't. I don't think it needs to go that far, since it wasn't that bad. They just told me to make sure to use sunscreen, and Vitamin E on it. That's what I've been doing since it happened.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

As he grows the scar will move positions. It could totally be up by his hairline when he is 18 and not noticeable at all. And he is a boy. Not that big of a deal to have a very small faded scar later on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic