BM doesn't make sense

Cupcake_mama_jzd
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Sounds like textbook Narcissistic Personality disorder. People throw the word narcissist around a lot, but it's a very real disorder and a dangerous one at that.

There's plenty of information and help out there for the victims of narcissistic abuse. I would strongly suggest reading up on it. You'll never change her, but the information could help you and your family especially your step son.

Your step son is truly blessed to have you. Children of narcissists almost always struggle with their sense of self worth, and having a strong advocate who sees the good in them is priceless.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Keep on doing whatever you're doing. It appears to be having many a positive affect.
Raising good, confident, contributing members of society...one kid at a time! :)
Tigress22304 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:03 pm I know I don't know all the answers...and I don't try to be perfect...most days I'm 76% sure I'm messing up....however I love these asshole children-especially my granddaughter who keeps me on my toes :D Princess adores her niece!

I do not take any crap from any of them-but they know why I'm strict. I'm not raising selfish bratty entitled heathens! I expect them to be fully functional adults...well I know Princess won't be a fully functional member of society....but just because she's handicapped doesn't mean she can be a brat.

And yes I do pay myself on the back because I battled a huge war this past year and I kicked ass hehehehe I won!
I have only 4yrs left of schooling with these kids....I wanna see them all graduate and do their absolute best.

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:54 pm Tigress, that is so great! Thanks for sharing. You have earned bragging rights. I've always thought that you are so good with all your kids. I get the feeling that you don't take any crap from them but that you also would do anything for any one of them. Pat yourself on the back. You deserve to. And congrats to your stepson for working his tail off, doing so well, and graduating with such great grades! That's phenomenal!
Tigress22304 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:59 pm I wanna brag.... because of Covid-I ended up having to homeschool him last year....and man was it a battle. lol But then in June, we got notice that he passed...and was awarded his graduation sign I cried.
his final grades were the best I have seen in 5yrs....3As.2B and a C.
He was also awarded most improved student.

We did his graduation party because we celebrate all wins in this house....and I asked him what he wanted for his party...he had no clue because BM didn't do anything in regards of graduations other then a family dinner.

So we had a few options and we did a family BBQ-we got the special graduation cake and everything-he got presents and cash and he was like "I dont understand why I get all this stuff but I'm glad I have it!"

i told him this is what happens when you bust your butt,work hard and come out on top!
So now he's determined to go even further his freshman year.

And he wants to follow in my footsteps and join the culinary program at the local vocational school and move on from there.

I am one proud Momma let me tell you!

Locked Previous topicNext topic