If a child tests positive

Anonymous 1

Unread post

that is in your childs classroom, are you taking your child out of school?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I would probably just follow the school's guidance. I have to admit I haven't really thought about it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

DH and I are still debating about sending our son to in-person classes. We have to decide by Friday and school starts on Monday. The number of positive cases in our county is spiking so I assume there will be a Covid positive student or teacher in the classroom on Monday.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 am DH and I are still debating about sending our son to in-person classes. We have to decide by Friday and school starts on Monday. The number of positive cases in our county is spiking so I assume there will be a Covid positive student or teacher in the classroom on Monday.
why are you still debating the issue if cases are spiking? seems like a no brainer to me...dont send him
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Classes started two days ago face to face. We have already had a student test positive. The students class and teacher have to quarantine 14 days and then test negative to come back.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

no
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Depends. I would ask the school how they’re handling it in terms of those children who may have been exposed, consider how likely it is that my son had contact with this child and whether all health measures were observed.
If there’s a chance my son may have been exposed, I would definitely not send him to school until we can be sure. No need to put others at more risk.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:50 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 am DH and I are still debating about sending our son to in-person classes. We have to decide by Friday and school starts on Monday. The number of positive cases in our county is spiking so I assume there will be a Covid positive student or teacher in the classroom on Monday.
why are you still debating the issue if cases are spiking? seems like a no brainer to me...dont send him
I agree! Right now high schoolers will be in person one day a week. We are a small, rural community so that is going to look like 75-100 students in the school each day with about 5 to a classroom - social distancing and mask wearing will be enforced. Our son is SNs and while he can do online learning (we've been doing summer school online), he would really benefit from one day in person. DH's argument is that both he and I work outside the home so the chances of our son being exposed to Covid at home is greater than at school. I am hoping that the school cancels in person classes altogether to save us from having to make the decision.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah, I would take him out. Simply because at that point, he would need to quarantine and be tested. I'm sure the school will close anyways.

Locked Previous topicNext topic