Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Poietes wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:37 pm
Lemons wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:46 pm
Poietes wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:55 amno
I don't think you have a choice. What's happening right now is when a child tests positive the whole class has to go home and quarantine for two weeks. Unless you are in some rural remote area that doesn't follow the guidelines I can't imagine not shutting the class down for two weeks.
πŸ™„ Obviously I’ll follow whatever guidelines the school has. Quarantine for 2 weeks? Sure. But I’m not going to pull them out of school for the year like the original question asked.
Oh, I misunderstood. That's why I was confused on your answer. I thought she was talking about for two weeks. I think if there were positive tests one after another constantly I would give up and do home school.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

School district policy is that if a child tests positive then the entire class reverts to remote learning for a 2 week period (including teacher) as well as any other "classes" that have had contact with said child. After the 2 week period students that were in the class can return as long as they don't have any symptoms (otherwise you continue with remote learning). However our schools are set up to where only 33% of the school population will be on campus full time the rest will be doing split remote/campus instruction and they will also be phasing students in by need and grade level for campus returns so my kids won't even see the campus until after Winter Break at the earliest.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:38 am that is in your childs classroom, are you taking your child out of school?
Isn't the current protocol that anybody in close proximity to someone who tests positive should self isolate for 2 weeks?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: ↑Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:38 am that is in your childs classroom, are you taking your child out of school?
Isn't the current protocol that anybody in close proximity to someone who tests positive should self isolate for 2 weeks?
No. Hell even doctors and nurses are only doing 10 days
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

No.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would have my child quarantine for 2 weeks and get tested, which is the recommended protocol.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No. My husband had 2 employees test positive and he still goes to work.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: ↑Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:57 am No. My husband had 2 employees test positive and he still goes to work.
but did the two who tested positive go back to work, or quarantine, and, was this a school?
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They worked in close proximity for 2 days before testing + and then were off for 14 days. My husband carried on as normal. They work in very close proximity and are very hands on.

As far as school goes, I go back at the end of the month the boys go back to a 50% reduced capacity. I’m concerned but honestly, the virus is here to stay and I can’t keep us in a bubble any longer.

Anonymous 1 wrote: ↑Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:00 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: ↑Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:57 am No. My husband had 2 employees test positive and he still goes to work.
but did the two who tested positive go back to work, or quarantine, and, was this a school?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I'd be interested to know if there are schools out there that have a policy of NOT informing classmates when one student tests positive. Now...Don't anyone take my head off! If my kid was in that class, I'd want to know if another student tested positive. But I'm curious about how/if the student's privacy is protected.
Locked Previous topicNext topic