Fireworks 🙄

bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:37 pm I live in a heavily wooded neighborhood and in a city where it is illegal to set them off. You cannot even buy fireworks in my city. That still doesn't stop the dumbasses from setting them off in July when it is hot and dry. They don't realize or care that they could burn someone's house down.
It sucks that people can’t at least be careful with them.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:19 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:53 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:22 am I don’t know property sizes where you live or even wind conditions when they set them off to comment on keeping them on their own property but I think informing you of the firework on your roof would be common courtesy. Though not common it’s not totally unheard of either for fireworks to cause house fires.

The lots are all an acre. That’s my thing, just say something. It’s not likely to happen, but it could have burned our house down. At least I just paid the homeowners bill for the year. lol
Oh yeah, definitely big enough to keep it on their property. Our houses are only about 8feet apart but we have huge green belts that run behind them and that’s where most set off their fireworks. Our HoA really tries to micromanage everyone but for some reason is pretty lenient with fireworks and will have the sprinklers turned on in the afternoon on days they know will have a lot of firework activity. Lol, that’s an awesome way to look at it, at least your homeowners is taken care of for the year.
How odd that fireworks are the thing they’re lenient on.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ugh I’m torn on the firework thing. They allow mortars here so I get a free show right from my porch but the houses here are like 20 feet apart (give or take, lol) and mostly older so I don’t really think they should be allowed in neighborhoods. If I lit one off here I wouldn’t even know where the debris landed. It showers down on my house on the 4th. Uuuugh.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:21 pm Ugh I’m torn on the firework thing. They allow mortars here so I get a free show right from my porch but the houses here are like 20 feet apart (give or take, lol) and mostly older so I don’t really think they should be allowed in neighborhoods. If I lit one off here I wouldn’t even know where the debris landed. It showers down on my house on the 4th. Uuuugh.
We really like being in an unincorporated area, and normally don’t mind them at all. Other people having the right to do what they want comes along with us having the right to do what we want, so stuff like that is no biggie. We’ve just never had one land on our house that we’re aware of.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I HATE fireworks. They're illegal here but assholes still set them off. It's so obnoxious.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:19 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:19 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:53 am

The lots are all an acre. That’s my thing, just say something. It’s not likely to happen, but it could have burned our house down. At least I just paid the homeowners bill for the year. lol
Oh yeah, definitely big enough to keep it on their property. Our houses are only about 8feet apart but we have huge green belts that run behind them and that’s where most set off their fireworks. Our HoA really tries to micromanage everyone but for some reason is pretty lenient with fireworks and will have the sprinklers turned on in the afternoon on days they know will have a lot of firework activity. Lol, that’s an awesome way to look at it, at least your homeowners is taken care of for the year.
How odd that fireworks are the thing they’re lenient on.
I thought it was odd too but then I realized two things. The first, fireworks are legal in our area. The second, there’s nothing in our HoA bylaws that prohibit them. The president learned a few years ago about a year after she was elected that she couldn’t enforce rules she arbitrarily made. She probably tried to prohibit it and was told she couldn’t just as she was over street parking.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh...Pink Butterfly...I wish they were illegal here. I have come to hate fireworks because people are so irresponsible and they like to wait until 2 or 3 in the morning then shoot them off just to wake up the neighbors then they run back inside before you can get to the window to figure out what asshole did it. Some years ago Indiana gave permission to shoot them off every day of the year during certain hours with only a caveat that they cannot shoot anything that won't stay on your property and that you must have the landowner's permission. As if they would care. The 4th is a nightmare and my cats are always terrified.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow, the property sizes are definitely big enough that they should be able to keep them on their own property. That’s annoying and a fire hazard that one landed on your house. My daughters had some friends come visit a few weeks ago, and they wanted to shoot off fireworks. They actually called the local police department to see where was a good spot, and were told to go to an unincorporated beach and to set them off away from the high-rise hotels. Lol!
Locked Previous topicNext topic