A second stimulus payment?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm in the UK, as a US citizen, I'm still allowed to travel to the US, but we just couldn't make it work this summer. With things changing at the drop of a hat during everything going on right now, I was worried about getting stuck in the US. I'm legally allowed to travel both ways and wouldn't be turned away from either country, but that doesn't help if say, I get to the US and then every reasonably priced flight back to the UK is cancelled. I don't want to end up on a $10k trip to the US.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 pm Where are you now? Does the US have travellers from your area temporarily banned? I'm bummed that I can't get to Ireland this summer!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:55 pm Thank you! It was! The IRS website is still saying that anyone who didn't get their full amount can have it corrected whenever they file their taxes, so I'm not sure why we're suddenly getting it now! I'll probably just leave it in the bank until I can get back home for a visit, but it's still nice to have.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:51 pm Well, I'm glad you got the rest of it! I'm sure seeing it was a nice surprise! :)

famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I got my irs refund today so it might be that. Did you file super late like me? Lol. We filed on July 13.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I totally understand! These days, if you're travelling, you better be prepared to possibly get stranded on either end! Many destinations have very limited flights. And flights are getting cancelled at the drop of a hat, too! How's the UK these days...in general. Liking it?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:59 pm I'm in the UK, as a US citizen, I'm still allowed to travel to the US, but we just couldn't make it work this summer. With things changing at the drop of a hat during everything going on right now, I was worried about getting stuck in the US. I'm legally allowed to travel both ways and wouldn't be turned away from either country, but that doesn't help if say, I get to the US and then every reasonably priced flight back to the UK is cancelled. I don't want to end up on a $10k trip to the US.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:15 pm Where are you now? Does the US have travellers from your area temporarily banned? I'm bummed that I can't get to Ireland this summer!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:55 pm Thank you! It was! The IRS website is still saying that anyone who didn't get their full amount can have it corrected whenever they file their taxes, so I'm not sure why we're suddenly getting it now! I'll probably just leave it in the bank until I can get back home for a visit, but it's still nice to have.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't qualify for any sort of refunds, only the stimulus payment. I actually haven't even filed for a few years.
famousglm714 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:35 pm I got my irs refund today so it might be that. Did you file super late like me? Lol. We filed on July 13.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:58 pm Negotiations for a second stimulus check are still ongoing. They are so far apart it could be weeks if not months before a consensus is made.
No checks will be sent out anytime soon.
As per ususal, nancy and chuckie are demanding millions of dollars for every democrat issue that remains on the table since 2000. Just yesterday they suggested the total cost could be more than when the negotiations began.
President Trump and many republicans are constantly reminding the left/democrats the purpose of this stimulus is to help the citizens of this country navigate thru this overhyped virus and all the power grabbing democrat lockdowns.
so, no money has been sent out yet.
A non-zombie?
Locked Previous topicNext topic