You do not have to have compassion for someone to be a good nurse

Anonymous 1

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:22 am Eh, I disagree.
So if someone is caring for a pedophile and they don't feel compassion for them they are automatically a bad nurse?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:32 pm If I'm being cared for by a skilled nurse who lacks compassion, she's getting ditched. I'll take the skilled compassionate nurse.
You wouldn't know if a good nurse feels compassion towards you or not. You would be treated the same either way
Anonymous 7

Unread post

i agree
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I positively would. I had such a nurse and asked to have another.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:56 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:32 pm If I'm being cared for by a skilled nurse who lacks compassion, she's getting ditched. I'll take the skilled compassionate nurse.
You wouldn't know if a good nurse feels compassion towards you or not. You would be treated the same either way
Anonymous 1

Unread post

She wasnt a good nurse then in the first place.

I have actually won an award based off of my care of someone I hate. With a good nurse you can't tell. They treat everyone the same.

If you felt mistreated in any way you should have asked for a new nurse and I am glad you did.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:10 pm I positively would. I had such a nurse and asked to have another.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

She was a very skilled nurse. At least that's how she came across. She was just a shitty person.But yes. It's good that I asked for another. A total difference.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:12 pm She wasnt a good nurse then in the first place.

I have actually won an award based off of my care of someone I hate. With a good nurse you can't tell. They treat everyone the same.

If you felt mistreated in any way you should have asked for a new nurse and I am glad you did.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:10 pm I positively would. I had such a nurse and asked to have another.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Studies over the last decade have revealed that patients who receive compassionate care from health care providers have better outcomes. It has resulted in entire segments of medical curriculum including compassionate care, health facilities advertising compassionate care of their patients, and insurance companies offering compassionate care resources. Medical personnel who self-righteously declare that they have no compassion for their patients will be obsolete. That not's to say that some can't fake it but it's sad to me that you don't see the value when it comes to providing health services.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I'd say that situation is less about compassion and more about unprofessionalism, for me anyways.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:31 pm I'd say that situation is less about compassion and more about unprofessionalism, for me anyways.
I agree with that. It was unprofessional for her to post stuff like that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:36 pm Studies over the last decade have revealed that patients who receive compassionate care from health care providers have better outcomes. It has resulted in entire segments of medical curriculum including compassionate care, health facilities advertising compassionate care of their patients, and insurance companies offering compassionate care resources. Medical personnel who self-righteously declare that they have no compassion for their patients will be obsolete. That not's to say that some can't fake it but it's sad to me that you don't see the value when it comes to providing health services.
You can perform "compassionate care" without actually feeling the compassion. I do think feeling compassion helps and is valuable but the reality is no nurse is going to feel compassion for every single person, that doesn't mean they can't still be a good nurse..
Locked Previous topicNext topic